PDA

View Full Version : P-hole (FYI)

Thumper
08-15-2021, 08:03 AM
I know it's of no real help, but just so you know ... this was just posted in an RV blog I follow:

The threatened strike of Canadian border crossing personnel didn’t materialize last week as the Canadian government reached a tentative settlement with border workers. The U.S./Canadian border reopened as scheduled last Monday for fully vaccinated U.S. citizens with the proper paperwork. You’ll still need proof of your COVID-19 vaccination, along with the results of a recent molecular test for coronavirus as well as your 14-day travel history. All of your information must be uploaded to the ArriveCAN app or website before you arrive at the crossing gate. Find out all of the details, including where to download the ArriveCAN app, by clicking here: https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/coronavirus-disease-covid-19/arrivecan.html

By the way, keep your tank full. Long lines are expected at most border crossings for a while.

BarryBobPosthole
08-15-2021, 08:28 AM
Man, I think I’d wait until the big crush is over. I’ve sat in those long lines and been involved in some two-three hour border crossings (ask Trav), and its no fun at all. And the Canadian side comes across to shop a LOT too and there’s a big pent up demand coming back.
I sent a note to the guy in Wisconsin that owns the outpost cabin we stay in. I’m sure I’ll get a border crossing report.

BKB

Thumper
08-15-2021, 09:05 AM
Ha! You should try the Mexican crossings! I once had my buddy laid out in the back his pick-up after a motorcycle crash. We were in Rosarito, Mexico for a race and a car pulled a u-turn in front of him. I had to get him to the hospital in San Diego, but ran into a line like the pic below. It's then I realized they don't have an "emergency express lane" and we just had to wait our turn. Once I made it to the Border Patrol booth, I explained the situation but I guess they thought I was pulling a fast one to attempt being waved through. They pulled us over into the dang inspection lane where they took that frigging truck apart piece by piece! The whole time, my buddy was in the back moaning and groaning while agents were climbing over him! The crash happened early Saturday morning and I didn't get him to the hospital until late that evening!

We were crossing from Tijuana into San Diego at the time, but if the Biden crossing would have been available back then, it would have been a lot quicker! :poke

Trav
08-16-2021, 05:54 PM
Man, I think I’d wait until the big crush is over. I’ve sat in those long lines and been involved in some two-three hour border crossings (ask Trav), and its no fun at all. And the Canadian side comes across to shop a LOT too and there’s a big pent up demand coming back.
I sent a note to the guy in Wisconsin that owns the outpost cabin we stay in. I’m sure I’ll get a border crossing report.

BKB

I’ve had colonoscopies less invasive than some of those.

Thumper
08-16-2021, 07:17 PM
Thanks for the frigging reminder. I have a colonoscopy scheduled for next month. :booty

BarryBobPosthole
08-16-2021, 07:43 PM
I had the mental image of them. rolling out a power washer with a line jetter attachment down at the VA.

BKB

Thumper
08-16-2021, 07:45 PM
Do you still have a tall stool layin' around? If so, go get it ... I'll wait.

quercus alba
08-16-2021, 08:07 PM

BarryBobPosthole
08-16-2021, 08:11 PM
They’ll have to break our the tactical butthole gear.

BKB