PDA

View Full Version : We’re Lucky

BarryBobPosthole
08-16-2021, 11:32 AM
Seeiing the images of people panicking to get on the last plane out makes me damn thankful that by the luck of the draw I was born into the country and society that I was.

In spite of Thumper’s complaints about the rest of us we ahve a lot to be thankful for.

BKB

Thumper
08-16-2021, 12:24 PM
I LOVE travelling and enjoy visiting other cultures, but I never fail to count my blessings once I return home to the good ol' US of A. We're totally fubar in a LOT of areas, but we're still the greatest nation on the planet.

Hombre
08-16-2021, 02:45 PM
I've always felt the same way after travel, it's always great to be back in the US. We've certainly made a colossal F up of this one (not a political statement we being everyone who's ever touched Afghanistan).

BarryBobPosthole
08-16-2021, 05:08 PM
I think the correct term that applies here Hombre is FUBAR.

BKB

Thumper
08-16-2021, 07:15 PM
It's just Déjà vu for me. Reminds me of April '75.

Well, at least they're well supplied with equipment now ... as usual, we leave enough good shit behind to supply a well-armed Army. Problem is, the "Army" always ends up being the bad guys.

BarryBobPosthole
08-16-2021, 07:28 PM
I really don’t hear anyone blaming the military for this. This is a long line of bad judgements and myopic opinions of a place that politicians loved to visit for the photo ops. So they could renew the big military contracts it took to support the war.

Its a shame. Posthole’s postulate in action. There was a LOT of corruption around the edges of that conflict that greased a lot of palms.

BKB