PDA

View Full Version : I don't know what to believe

quercus alba
08-18-2021, 12:08 PM
about the withdrawal from Afghanistan. Conservative news said we have American citizens trapped there who can't escape, the liberal media isn't saying much about that but is critical of the withdrawal.

Which is it? Did we leave our people over there or not, if so then why? I did hear the president say that he hopes the Americans get out safely. HE HOPES? That's an evacuation plan?

I don't have any idea where the truth lies or maybe Pontius Pilate hit the nail on the head when he said "what is truth"?

chadwimc1
08-18-2021, 12:10 PM

BarryBobPosthole
08-18-2021, 12:26 PM
I’m not sure we’ve left anyone anywhere yet as we still have control of the airport there. We may not not who got left behind or didn’t for a few months.

A bonafide shiteree is what it is.

BKB

Penguin
08-18-2021, 12:35 PM
I'm a dunce. I admit it.... I've seen numbers like 10,000 and even 100,000 thrown around.

Now I've got to guess, although I am not privy to any top secret info, that we didn't ~lose~ 10,000 or 100,000 marines or army personnel. I mean you'd notice if those guys didn't show up at reveille right?

So who the hell are the rest of these people who still aren't accounted for. Didn't anyone tell them we were headed back to Quantico last week?

Will

BarryBobPosthole
08-18-2021, 01:23 PM
There’s already a warlord, who I think is the ex VP, who is warring with the Taliban and supposedly has taken back some territory from them. And it won’t be long before countries line up to provide support for both sides. And on and on ad nauseum.

And the next time we get our blood up we might want to remember two big important fucking things right away: George Bush I and George Bush II. Two prime examples of how to do it right and how to fuck it up royally.

BKB

Thumper
08-18-2021, 02:09 PM
Russia bailed after 10 years, I don’t know why we ever thought we could do what they could not. That part of the world has been fucked up for the last bazillion years and I don’t think anything will ever change that. It’s like telling Christians to quit being Christians.

quercus alba
08-18-2021, 02:23 PM
Bible prophecy Genesis 16:11-12 "You shall name him Ishmael for the Lord has heard of your misery.He will be a wild donkey of a man; his hand will be against everyone and everyone’s hand against him, and he will live in hostility toward all his brothers."

Ishmael was the pater familias of many of the mid-eastern races

BarryBobPosthole
08-18-2021, 02:27 PM
Abraham’s firstborn. And a handmaiden’s tale of sorts. Biblical kanoodlry.

BKB

Hombre
08-18-2021, 03:10 PM
A bit off topic but part of the argument that always comes up, from both sides, on gun control is a) gun rights are in place to help stop a tyrannical gov b) Our gun rights could never stop the power of the US military. I don't generally think of the Taliban as super sophisticated, and it might have taken 20 years but didn't they pretty much just do A (at least they see us as a tyrannical gov)?

quercus alba
08-18-2021, 05:21 PM
Abraham’s firstborn. And a handmaiden’s tale of sorts. Biblical kanoodlry.

BKB

I asked about a handmaiden but Mrs Q is violently against bible kanoodlry of that sort

Thumper
08-18-2021, 07:58 PM
Do handmaidens give handjobs?

BarryBobPosthole
08-19-2021, 12:08 AM
Its never very far away is it?

BKb

Penguin
08-19-2021, 08:11 AM
And the next time we get our blood up we might want to remember two big important fucking things right away: George Bush I and George Bush II. Two prime examples of how to do it right and how to fuck it up royally.

BKB

I think there is a lot of truth in what you say Barry.

There was a big difference in mind-set between the two incursions. Bush elder was an old school warrior who didn't believe that you could cut and paste US ideals onto the world. At least not in the kind of time span or with the kind of tools that one president had at his disposal.

Cultures and places have differences.

That said we could have won that war and imposed a long term change of direction to that nation. Thanks be to god that we didn't really try to do that. All of the killing that this would have required would have cost us even more of our soul.

What I want to know is when the house cleaning starts. Every single military advisor or intelligence goon who told the press or the president that we were winning this war from about one year into the war onward needs to be fired. Every. Single. One. Without exception. Democracy, like capitalism, only works when failure is punished.

They would be getting off easy. In ancient Japan, battlefield leaders who supervised fuckups of this magnitude were required to commit ritual suicide using a the equivalent of a chef's knife.

Will

BarryBobPosthole
08-19-2021, 09:39 AM
Its hard to know who is responsible for this. All of it strains credibility. So Trump drew us down to 2500 soldiers before he left office. Okay, then how in the hell can Biden or his people claim to not know the Taliban takeover was imminent? Knowing they had 2500 men to protect the entire country? I don’t buy any of that shit. They’re hunkered down waiting for the next news cycle. No accountability required.

And whether its this admin or any of the last four they all let the chicken hawks in Congress and the Pentagon convince them to pantomine some false national security narrative that isn’t true at all. If it was true we’d have to occupy the whole damed region, Pakistan included.

They’ll likely trot out Trey Gowdy, the Littlest Prosecutor, to drum up some election year drama over it, but the nation is about to get covered in body bags from covid so this will be yesterday’s news.

BKb

airbud7
08-19-2021, 09:46 AM
The craziest thing is to announce it over a bullhorn, hey will be leaving tomorrow at 12:00 o'clock...

Kinda like putting a big sign on the front of your store announcing, we'll be closed all weekend and our security system is down!

You can't make this shit up... Total fuck up from all sides!.... I think that's the reason we like going fishing! to just get away from it all...

Thumper
08-19-2021, 10:00 AM
Why isn’t Covid wiping them out?

BarryBobPosthole
08-19-2021, 10:25 AM
It is.

BKB

Thumper
08-19-2021, 10:29 AM
Good. Just wait a few years, THEN move in! I’m sure they’re not real big in inoculations. ;)

airbud7
08-19-2021, 10:32 AM
Good. I’m sure they’re not real big in inoculations. ;)

They sure are good at indoctrination though! :D

quercus alba
08-19-2021, 01:39 PM
Good. Just wait a few years, THEN move in! I’m sure they’re not real big in inoculations. ;)

but they all wear masks

quercus alba
08-19-2021, 02:26 PM
First off, there's enough blame and bad decisions concerning Afghanistan to go back longer than I care to remember, so neither party has the market cornered on stupidity

Secondly, transparency in government ain't what it used to be or maybe I just don't understand what it means. The president is locked in his closet with little or no information going out of the whitehouse plus he's taken all q&a sessions off his agenda. Even Obama has temporarily shut down his Instagram

Thirdly, I don't care what anyone says, China ain't our friends

Penguin
08-19-2021, 02:54 PM
First off, there's enough blame and bad decisions concerning Afghanistan to go back longer than I care to remember, so neither party has the market cornered on stupidity...

To me this is the first thing to be admitted. If someone wants to drone on and on about how Biden screwed the pooch.... I actually think they're talking politics instead of reality.

This was never going to work.

Will

Chicken Dinner
08-20-2021, 07:51 AM
Agree. This whole thing was preordained from the start. The only question was when.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Penguin
08-20-2021, 08:34 AM
A few things come to mind. Just thinking out loud.

There are rumors of copters, armor, artillery, and weapons caches that have been taken by the Taliban. Whose job was it to make sure that didn't happen?

What happens when/if the Taliban starts kidnapping for ransom or (god forbid) beheading infidel US citizens that are left in country?

I was a kid when the USSR made their exit from Afghanistan. I remember the General in charge rode the last tank out. When the column crossed some bridge at the border he dismounted and reported that the last man had left the country. Quite a contrast huh?

I still say fire them all. This is ANOTHER example of the utter fecklessness of our ruling elite. Everything they touch is a goat fuck. How many different disciplines do you have to knee cap before you are correctly identified as a passel of overpaid screwups and tossed out on your ear?

Where the hell is Stormin' Norman Schwarzkopf when you need him? Is this nation capable of producing such a man now? If so, would the system allow him to assume command?

Will

HideHunter
08-23-2021, 10:20 AM
Russia bailed after 10 years, I don’t know why we ever thought we could do what they could not. That part of the world has been fucked up for the last bazillion years and I don’t think anything will ever change that. It’s like telling Christians to quit being Christians.

I saw an interview with a Russian officer who warned "us".. You could start at one end of the country and blanket bomb to the other end - and when you get there they will rise out of the smoking rubble and shoot you.. Bad bunch..