PDA

View Full Version : Shark Tank.....

Big Muddy
02-21-2013, 04:57 PM
I've only seen bits and pieces of the show a couple of times, but it seems interesting, and I sorta like Mark Cuban, too....smart young businessman.

A buddy who is friends with the guys who invented Muddy Water Camo told me they were going to be pitching their Muddy Water Camo process to the investors on the show, Friday night(tomorrow night)....they are from Madison, Mississippi, and are pretty sharp guys.

Can't remember the time or channel, but it might be interesting to see some hunting-related products on the show.

Here's their website....novel idea, and nice camo pattern.

http://www.muddywatercamo.com

Buckrub
02-21-2013, 05:17 PM
Mark Cuban? The guy that owns the Dallas Mavericks?

Big Muddy
02-21-2013, 05:29 PM
Yep, that's him, however, I'm sure you don't like him, right?

Buckrub
02-21-2013, 05:51 PM
I don't know him. I know he made his money buying Yahoo Stock in the 90's boom. He's made a fool of himself at some basketball games and meetings, but I only know that by reading about it later, I don't watch the NBA. And for all I know, he's a 'maverick' his ownself and maybe some of his antics are something I'd appreciate if I knew the story. I have no true knowledge of him and can't comment one way or the other. Many times I'm a 'maverick' myself and there are times that 'acting a fool' has its merits and benefits.

DeputyDog
02-21-2013, 06:04 PM
Cuban's problem with the NBA is that he happens to be a very rich fan who ended up buying the team. He acts more like a fan than an owner and acts like a typical rabid fan at the games.

I've seen that show a couple of times, kind of interesting to see what people come up with.

Sunshine
02-22-2013, 01:16 AM
I was watching that show, several months ago, when a young lady brought her invention before the Sharks!
She takes lip stick rolls and scoops out the lip stick from the bottom of the roll where you can't get to it.
Then she melts the lip stick, in microwave, for 45 seconds.
Then you take the liquid lipstick and pour it into a new mold.
Goes in freezer for 10 minutes, then sits at room temp for 15 minutes.
Remove part of mold and slid the holder down onto the new tube of lip stick.
Flip over and wind the new tube into the lip stick holder.
Wala! New lipstick from stuff that would have been thrown away.

The lady shark jumped all over it and they went into business.
I ordered my kit last week and here's my recycled new lip stick!!!
Not bad for first try.
Takes about four left over old lip sticks to melt down to a new one!!

Not completely smoothed but pretty close and I have a new roll out of old ones!! :D
Only a woman would appreciate this kit!!

http://lipstixremix.com/

----
Does NOT work with lip gloss

Thumper
02-22-2013, 07:57 AM
I'm clueless ... but is lipstick that expensive? I mean .. is a couple ounces of lipstick worth the effort? Not being a smart-ass ... like I said, I have no clue what lipstick costs.

I've always wanted to invent some sort of double-sided washcloth. I'd want it double-sided with an open middle with one edge that can open and be secured again. Kinda like a pita pocket. We end up with zillions of those little hotel soaps as well as large bars of soap that wear down to small pieces that are hard to hold/use. I figured with the above washcloth, you could slip a few of those little hotel soaps and left-over "slivers" inside and when you shower, just wet it real well and work up a lather that would permeate from the inside. Same principle as the lipstick ... why throw away good soap?

Niner
02-22-2013, 08:29 AM
Never heard of the show, nor the dude.

Captain
02-22-2013, 08:55 AM
Shark tank is something I usually watch if I'm near a TV on Friday nights. Pretty cool!
I remember the show with the lipstick lady. I thought then that Kribbs would buy one of those. ;D
Take Care Captain

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Sunshine
02-22-2013, 01:25 PM
I wear Avon lip stick that's $7-8 each. I only buy it when its on sale.
I figured I've thrown away 1/4 of each lipstick that I've purchased.
Yes this is worth the effort, for me.
Also you can blend other colors to make new color lipstick.
Like I said, only a woman would appreciate this.
Will take a few lip sticks to break even on the cost of buying the kit, but after that I'll be saving $!
Besides its kinda fun to make it! :D

BarryBobPosthole
02-22-2013, 01:40 PM
Its a pretty cool show. I usually watch Last Man Standing on Friday nights when this is on. I like me some Tim Allen.
BKB

Sunshine
02-22-2013, 03:25 PM
I like "Last Man Standing!"
I agree Tim Allen is a hoot, and I like to see a man's point of view living with all woman!!! Lol