PDA

View Full Version : Just ONE reminder ....

Thumper
08-27-2021, 12:42 PM
... of what this place is all about.

I was clearing out some old pictures stored on my p/c today and ran across this one. This is some absolutely beautiful country and a couple of great guys. This was 10-months before we lost Bill "Niner" Conine. Thank you B/S for making one of his dreams come true. That trip meant the world to him. Lynn and I had dinner with he and Di a little before this trip and that was the last time I was able to see him. At the time, he was in a wheelchair and I was using a walker.

There have been some wonderful friendships made around this place through the years. I'm proud to say I've spent time with both of the men in this pic and they are/were both solid gold.

quercus alba
08-27-2021, 01:19 PM
And all this time I thought it was all about insulting one another while discussing politics, beans in chili, Toyota superiority and disagreeing with anything Buckrub said

Huh, I learn something new everyday

Thumper
08-27-2021, 01:31 PM
Ha! That's what you get for "thinking". ;)

Big Skyz
08-27-2021, 01:40 PM
Thank you Jim. That was a real nice surprise to see today. Man, we've lost some great people to the other side since this site first started. Niner was one of the best!

Chicken Dinner
08-27-2021, 02:14 PM
Man, beautiful picture and I’m not just talking about the scenery. I had the pleasure of hunting with Bill at Larke’s and he was definitely one of the good ones. (Larke, too!)

Sniff!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BarryBobPosthole
08-27-2021, 04:02 PM
I love that picture!
BKB

Bwana
08-30-2021, 05:19 PM
:like

LJ3
08-30-2021, 05:31 PM
Good stuff, right there, Jimmy! Larke always referred to a stand by the cabin as "Niners stand" after he killed a deer from it. You could tell it had a special meaning for Larke as well.