PDA

View Full Version : Hey Postie! Wanna go in halfies?

Thumper
08-29-2021, 07:25 AM
If you cover the tab until I sell my motorhome, I'll gladly repay you on Tuesday!

I've found a nice little ski boat for us ... but I'm sure we could fish out of it also. (We might need a bigger truck.)

Mercury is releasing their 600-HP Verado V-12 outboard (the racing version is 700-HP) and I've already picked out our boat. That's 2400-HP right there, so if we do a tournament, it should get us on our fishing hole before the competition can get to it!

Oh, I forgot one minor detail ... the motors are $77,000 .... EACH! :hair

BarryBobPosthole
08-29-2021, 07:30 AM
Nope. Not for me. No trolling motor, duh.

BKB

Thumper
08-29-2021, 07:48 AM
I just called the dealer and he said he'd throw in a bow mount for us. ;)

BarryBobPosthole
08-29-2021, 08:01 AM
Put a captains chair up there and a hottie to hold an umbrella and I’m in.

BKB

Chicken Dinner
08-29-2021, 09:09 AM
I must be getting old because the first thing that came to my mind is that no good can
come from going that fast on the water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BarryBobPosthole
08-29-2021, 09:25 AM
No worries, Thump is paying for the gas so we’ll only be running one of those motors at a time until he gets his ebay bidness back up.

BKB

Thumper
08-29-2021, 10:00 AM
If Trump gets reelected, I'll be able to afford the gas! (Ooops, was the political?) ;)

DeputyDog
08-29-2021, 10:57 AM
The cool thing about those Verados is the motor itself doesn’t turn, only the lower unit so you can use multiple engines and still get a wider turn angle.

Good luck getting one though. The “supply chain” problems have really hit the boating industry just like the auto industry with the chips.

We finally decided to get a new boat this year. We have an old (1991) ski boat that is just too small for what we need now. The kids always want to have friends over and the boat just can’t handle that many people.

So we ordered a Manitou tritoon the first part of June. It was supposed to have a build date in August with delivery by the month. So far, they haven’t even started yet due to supply issues. Hopefully the issue is resolved by Spring so we have it by the time the season starts.

The new boat is a 23’ tri-toon with a 200 HP Yamaha outboard and a 14 person capacity. Manitou has a special design on the tubes where the center one is larger that the outside ones for better handling. They turn more like an inboard ski boat than a pontoon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thumper
08-29-2021, 11:03 AM
Yep, it's got some cool technology alright. They also have a commercial version with 100 less horsepower, but longer service intervals. The commercial version is 500 HP, the standard version is 600 HP and the racing version is 700 HP.