PDA

View Full Version : CFB week 1

quercus alba
08-31-2021, 10:39 AM
3-2 ytd. 1st week picks are usually a shot in the dark at best.......kinda like bowl games

1) South Fla @ NC State -18: The Bulls vs the Wolfpack, a couple of great mascots. The bulls are traditionally a stiff test for about anyone but the Pack should win this but not cover. Pack 36-23

2) Boise st @ UCF -5: I think the Gus bus will thrive now that it's not in the SEC parking lot anymore however the blue field boys are not a team to be trifled with. Successful opener for Gus 31-20.

3) Ohio st @ Minn +14: Just move along nothing to see here Buckeye's 38 -20. Or worse

4) NCar @ Vir Tech +5.5: I'm a fan of old green teeth, Tarholes 35-24

5) Penn st @ Wisco -5.5: I would love to see a scoreless tie where James Franklin gets his face stepped on. Badger 31-21

6) Okla -27 @ Tulane in Norman: Upset Special. Just kidding, the only green wave in Oklahoma is in Posty's toilet bowl after a big bait of burritos and hot sauce. Sooners 48-14

7) Rice @ Arkansas -19: Rice is a little better than people think and Arkansas is going to be missing some key starters so I don't expect the Hogs to cover. Piggies 28-14

8) Alabama @ Miami +18.5: Very much a trap game, I think the Tide wins but doesn't cover. Bama 33-23

9) Indiana @ Iowa -3.5: Love the Hawkeyes but here's my upset special Hoosiers 30-21

10) Ore st @ Purdue -7: Probably closer than many of the Boilermaker fans think but Purdue covers 34-26

11) Georgia @ Clemson -3: This is a good upset pick but Kirby Smart is Mark Richt 2.0 in my book. Clemson in a low scoring donnybrook 21-13

12) LSU @ UCLA +3: Upset Special 2/two/too, despite superior talent the Bayou Bengals fall short 28-23. In the postgame interview coach O says Arghufgmrrzk tokldhrggacptly

13) Notre Dame @ Fla st +7.5: I hate the Irish. Domers 38-20

14) Louisville @ Ole Miss -10: Love Kiffin hate Ole Miss and their overrated hot shot Heisman favorite QB (who threw 6 ints against arkansas last year) but they should beat the Cardinals. Rebel Black Bear Land Sharks 38-24

other games of interest:

Northwestern over Sparty
West Vagina over the Terps
Miss st over LA tech
Texas over the Ragin Cajuns
Houston over Taco Tech

BarryBobPosthole
08-31-2021, 01:01 PM
You do an awesome job at this. Pls don’t semi-retire again.

The only ones I would call much different is I think the Semenholes will upset the Domers at their place. 28-24.
And I think The Fighting Sarkisians will go down to the Ragin Cajuns of UL in a shocker 31-10.

BKb

quercus alba
08-31-2021, 01:20 PM
The attempt to politicize CFB a couple years ago combined the the state of the Razorbacks very nearly turned me off completely from it. Hopefully those days are behind me now.

It just doesn't feel like Mike Norvell is in touch with the culture at FSU, it's almost like he's an unwanted interloper. He really needs a couple of big wins to gain the confidence of the team and the fans, I just don't think it'll start with the Irish.

I really need Texas to win so they don't come to Fayetteville pissed off next week

Chicken Dinner
08-31-2021, 01:22 PM
I’ll only comment on the few games where I know something about - basically the ACC. I like the Wolfpack over USF and think they will be fairly good this year. They’re gonna have a very good defense. But, I wouldn’t give Jesus Christ himself 18 points. UNC, meh. I think they’re over hyped. But, Tech is likely to continue to under perform. I give them a punchers chance as it’s the first game of the season and it’s at night in Blacksburg. Lane Stadium will be rocking and you should tune in just for Enter Sandman if nothing else. Clemson and ND will both lose this season. But, I don’t think it will be to Georgia or FSU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BarryBobPosthole
08-31-2021, 01:22 PM
Behind us all, brother.

BKB

quercus alba
09-02-2021, 10:57 PM
Big 10 refs protecting the cash cow early and often tonight, a missed pass interference, taunting (supposed to be a focus this year) late hit out of bounds and a high school qb headed for the Buckeyes got a 1.4m NIL deal.

quercus alba
09-02-2021, 11:32 PM
Add an obvious targeting by Ohio st that they totally ignored. Corruption runs deep where money is involved

Chicken Dinner
09-03-2021, 09:55 AM
Some smart fella around here always says, follow the money and you’ll find the assholes. I mostly watched the Wolf Pack last night. USF is not as good as I thought. The Pack’s defense is as advertised. I’ll be curious to see the Offense against better competition. tOSU better hope their million dollar baby grows up fast.

Let’s go Hokies tonight!

Chicken Dinner
09-04-2021, 06:34 AM
Tech looked good last night and, as I suspected, Carolina has been overhyped. I think one of the announcers said that 75% of their WR catches/yards from last year are playing in the NFL. It showed.

Nice pic from my son the Hokie:

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210904/d77b105af80fd38a7a1ca0f25f808c4b.jpg

quercus alba
09-06-2021, 11:29 PM
10- 4 for the week 13-6 YTD

1) Either the Pack is much better than advertised or South Florida really sucks, I suspect it's somewhere in between. Nice win for ya Hank.
2) Boise @ UCF was one of the better games this weekend, really the only teams that looked ready to play not named Bama or Va Tech
3) Ohio state walks thru the Big ten then gets squashed in the playoffs......................................agai n
4) You got the feeling that the Hokies were never challenged, very good win over what is an apparently overrated Tarhole team
5) Penn state and Wisco both looked horrible. Shame either of them won
6) color me surprised on this one, Posty is Tulane that good or is Oklahoma just being Oklahoma?
7) Same old same old, the Hogs suck yada yada yada
8) Same old Bama. The duel threat Qb simply means he can run but he can't read a defense or throw. Quick peek downfield then tuck it and run
9) Hawkeyes looked good, Hoosiers need to go back to the drawing board
10) It's always a good thing to open against a Pac 10 team...................unless you're LSU
11) Georgia and Clemson looked like two wino's fighting over a bottle of ripple............not impressed
12) Overrrr Rated Overrrr Rated. LSU getting too much credit for being LSU
13) notre Dame and Felon state, hate em both didn't watch a minute don't know don't care
14) 4 players ejected for targeting in first half, you know how I feel about that

on to week two

BarryBobPosthole
09-07-2021, 08:08 AM
Tulane, at home, season opener, and the Sooners were unprepared. Again. Its some Riley needs to address. I mean, they know the x’s and o’s, but they seem to have forgotten the Jimmies and Joes. Flat.
But a win is a win come November. They’ll improve and that’s what its all about IMO.

Clempson-Georgia made me hurt for the Tiger QB. Poor guy has some bruises yet to go I think. They’ll have ND ranked in the top 10 watch.
BKB

Chicken Dinner
09-07-2021, 08:24 AM
God, I hate Notre Dame. Barely escape a marginal opponent and, you’re right, they’ll probably jump into the Top 10.

quercus alba
09-07-2021, 10:38 AM
Maybe Texas will jump up in the top ten, that will make our impending blowout loss this weekend a little less painful