PDA

View Full Version : Fingers crossed ....

Thumper
09-05-2021, 09:26 AM
6 years and 1 month ago, my p/c took a dive and I replaced it with a new one. Last week, that replacement took a dump and I purchased another new unit (just finished setting it up and am on it now). BUT ... I'm worried about the good ol' "planned obsolescence" thing kicking in. 6 years ago, when my p/c crapped out, my laptop crapped out 3 months later. Those were a couple of expenses I could have done without, especially that close together. I just hope history doesn't repeat itself! At least there were no glitches getting this one up and running. Plug & play sure has come a long way since the early days and this one was up and running within about 30-mins. .... if that.

To add insult to injury, my printer crapped out 2 months ago and I bought a new one. Two weeks later, that new printer crapped out and after the HP techs tinkered with it for a while, they determined it was FUBAR and sent a replacement. WTF is going on here? I'm doomed!

airbud7
09-05-2021, 01:45 PM
Computers are easy to fix Jim....much cheaper too!

Thumper
09-05-2021, 03:53 PM
Yeah, old Yugos can be fixed too, but to me, they’re just not worth it. I could throw a new power supply in this one and next month the motherboard would crap out, etc. etc. etc.

airbud7
09-05-2021, 04:18 PM
well let me know the processor model number before you throw it away! I'll pay you put it in an envelope and ship it.