PDA

View Full Version : Take 2

Hombre
10-01-2021, 03:14 PM
I had a long drawn out government frustration post but somehow it never made it probably the Russians! Anyway in true WA government fashion they think they know whats best for people, and should just force decisions upon us. In true gov fashion their plan is also shit. In a nutshell WA residents now have to buy Long Term Care insurance. I'm all for LTC, and think in general most should have it to a) ensure you aren't a burden on your family and b) protect your assets. With that said the highlights of the WA plan

.56% tax of all your income (Salary, bonus, stock)

Covers a max of $36K (That'd last about 6 months)

You have to pay in for 10 years

If you leave the state it won't pay (Theft)

The saving grace is you could opt out and get your own. Today they opened the portal to opt out and apparently are surprised that the vast majority are opting out and the website crashed. A few predictions: 1) They won't have the $ to cover people when the time come. 2) They will have to extend or cancel the program because they didn't think through how to make it successful long-term or how to execute it.

Why anyone wants the gov to control any part of their life is beyond me. I have yet to see anything they do be successful.

Thumper
10-01-2021, 03:45 PM
Correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t Washington state one of those three left coast states? Are you surprised?

BarryBobPosthole
10-01-2021, 03:48 PM
That is a shitty plan. You need to come home to Oklahoma.
BKB

Hombre
10-01-2021, 03:59 PM
Thump yes, and no :D

BBP - Open my room!

BarryBobPosthole
10-01-2021, 04:07 PM
But you and Kathryn are my LTC plan.

BKB

Chicken Dinner
10-01-2021, 05:18 PM
My long term plan is to be a burden to my children.[emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hombre
10-01-2021, 08:25 PM
But you and Kathryn are my LTC plan.

BKB

Deal, come on up. We have a few plant stores around here that you'd like too.

Hombre
10-01-2021, 08:26 PM
My long term plan is to be a burden to my children.[emoji41]

See I feel like I need to choose. Can you be both a financial burden and an old pain in the a$$ burden too, or is that too much?

Chicken Dinner
10-01-2021, 08:54 PM
Dang, my plan has always been to both. But, you may be right!