PDA

View Full Version : CFB week 6

quercus alba
10-07-2021, 03:06 PM
9-4 last week 47-24 ytd
Surprisingly difficult to find good games this deep in the season. Seems like half the country has a bye week

1) Notre Dame at Va Tech, ACC Network 7:30 p.m
Irish 31-30

2) Oklahoma vs. Texas ABC Noon
Sooners 33-31

3)West Virginia at Baylor, FS1 Noon
Babbilist 27-23

4)Penn State at Iowa, Fox 4 p.m
Hawkeyes 24-20

Michigan at Nebraska, ABC 7:30 p.m
Wolverines 27-21

Arkansas at Ole Miss, ESPN Noon
Ole Miss 73-3

Georgia at Auburn, CBS 3:30 p.m
35-13 Dawgs

LSU at Kentucky, SEC Network 7:30 p.m
Wildcats 26-20

Alabama at Texas A&M, CBS 8 p.m
Bama 42-10

Maryland at Ohio State, Fox Noon
Buckeyes 51-16

SMU at Navy, CBS Sports Network 3:30 p.m
Ponies 31-17

Wake Forest at Syracuse, ESPN2 3:30 p.m
Deacons 34-21

Wisconsin at Illinois, Big Ten Network 3:30 p.m
Upset Special Illini 24-23

Chicken Dinner
10-07-2021, 05:33 PM
3 points for the Hawgs! Things seem to be looking up. Other random thoughts, I think you’re probably right about ND and VA Tech; Tech is going to have to show me they can prevent the bug play before I pick them to win a big game like this; I think LSU pulls off the upset and my homer pick of the week is Wake gets upset on the road. I still think they’re way overrated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BarryBobPosthole
10-09-2021, 09:55 AM
OU 34-Texass 17
Boomer!
Bkb

BarryBobPosthole
10-09-2021, 04:29 PM
Well that was a RRS for the ages. Whew! I’m still shaking!
Close game at Arkansas too! I thinknthe road you go fortwo is the rule isn’t it?
I remember other memorable OT games between these two teams though.

BKB

Chicken Dinner
10-09-2021, 04:32 PM
For an “off” week overall, there sure have been some exciting games so far.

Chicken Dinner
10-10-2021, 06:27 AM
#1 Bama goes down to the Aggies! It’ll be interesting to see them try and keep Cincinnati out of the top four now.

BarryBobPosthole
10-10-2021, 07:26 AM
We must not have many people following GH any more or there would be a little more excitement about yesterday’s games. What a day!

Is playing tough opponents down to the wire enough for Scott frost to keep his job? Nebraska has done stupider things.

Can’t wait to see the polls.

Alabama won’t drop from the top five, the media is so mesmerized by Bama, and I predict they’ll berated hogher than some undefeated teams.

BKB

quercus alba
10-10-2021, 09:43 AM
We must not have many people following GH any more or there would be a little more excitement about yesterday’s games. What a day!

Is playing tough opponents down to the wire enough for Scott frost to keep his job? Nebraska has done stupider things.

Can’t wait to see the polls.

Alabama won’t drop from the top five, the media is so mesmerized by Bama, and I predict they’ll berated hogher than some undefeated teams. BKB

I suspect they were berated severely last night

Chicken Dinner
10-10-2021, 12:25 PM
My top 4 after this weekend:

Georgia
Iowa
Cincinnati
Oklahoma

If they don’t leave Bama at #4 and screw OU, I’ve predict tOSU at 5 and Bama at 6. I swear I’m gonna punch someone in the face if we end up with two SEC teams in the playoff this year.

BarryBobPosthole
10-10-2021, 12:46 PM
I’m good with that. I think Bama should drop to at least 9th if the polls are to have any consistency at all. And some of the undefeated in the bottom half of top 25 need to move up a lot closer to the top five. SMU, Kentucky, Coastal C, the Oklie Doklies, MSU, all deserve higher rankings than some of these one loss darlings.
But championships are won in November. If you think this season has been good now, just wait! Lots of good one loss teams will be walking a tight rope!
Do ya think the SEC will be happy having the RRS on its resume some day?
And is Ed Orbergeron or however its spelt on his way down the Guz Malzan highway?
BKB

Chicken Dinner
10-10-2021, 05:49 PM
Big Ed will be lucky to last the season. They’re .500 team since winning the national championship and they’ve better coaches than him out of town for losing less.