PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of football

DeputyDog
10-19-2021, 09:12 AM
My son finished his season this past weekend. His team ended up 5-1 and I think he really developed this season too. He’s one of the bigger kids in his age group so he played left tackle on offense and left defensive end.

He was routinely put up against the best lineman on the other team and just about always held his own or better.

It’s always kinda nice when a season ends and you get a break from all of the running back and forth, but it’s also sad when it was a good season with a good coach and a good group of kids on the team.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20211019/d703f78a03b9fca8e937426135306e60.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BarryBobPosthole
10-19-2021, 09:18 AM
Now there’s a coinkydink! I played those exact same positions my sr year in high school. Not many 180 pound tackles these days though!

Which side does he like best? I tolerated offense and loved playing D. Mainly because I didn’t have to learn much on that side prolly, just turn it loose.

That’s a great record! Colts is a cool team name too for kiddos.

BKB

DeputyDog
10-19-2021, 12:08 PM
He likes defense a bit better for some of the same reasons you said. He says he free to do more what he wants on defense and not have to worry about blocking a certain direction depending on what play is being ran.

Chicken Dinner
10-19-2021, 12:23 PM
Great pic!

DeputyDog
10-19-2021, 12:54 PM
He’s definitely getting the desire to make himself get better. He started a CrossFit class and is actually wanting to participate in the off-season strength and agility program they have for his age group.

LJ3
10-19-2021, 04:04 PM
That's great! Looks like he's gonna be a bog ole boy like his Dad. High School coaches will come after him like they did my 6 foot tall girls for Bball and Volleyball.

Bwana
10-20-2021, 11:21 AM
Love the pic and talk about bringing back memories.

Thing is that my little footballs players are now 23 and 25 years old.

Though the running back and forth can wear on a person at times, don't miss a second as before you know it they will be heading to college.