PDA

View Full Version : CFB week 9

quercus alba
10-26-2021, 02:13 PM
Worst week of the year last week at 8-5. 75-35 ytd. Stupid Hokies, Wolfpack, and Purdue are rapidly moving to the "left out of picks" list

(1) Texas at Baylor, 11 a.m ABC
Sark probably wishes he was still at Bama. Baylor is too physical Bears 31-20

(2) Michigan at Michigan State, 11 a.m Fox (Fox Sports)
This is really a tough game to pick, I'm not sure either team is as good as their record. Wolverines 24-23

(3) Iowa at Wisconsin, 11 a.m., ESPN
Hawkeyes got exposed by Purdue but I'm not sold on Wisky either. Iowa 24-21

(4) Miami at Pittsburgh, 11 a.m., ACC Network
Panthers 38-21

(5) Virginia Tech at Georgia Tech, 11 a.m., Bally Sports Southeast
one of these days I'll learn to quit picking Vtech but until then Hokies 28-24

(6) Texas Tech at Oklahoma, 2:30 p.m., ABC
The Sooners seem to play up or down to their competition. Okies 35-30

(7) Florida vs. Georgia 2:30 p.m., CBS
I was thinking about Niner today Georgia 41-10

(8) Florida State at Clemson, 2:30 p.m., ESPN
Once the game of champions, not this year. Clempson 28-20

(9) Purdue at Nebraska, 2:30 p.m., ESPN2
Not today Purdue, you've disappointed me too many times Huskers 24-20

(10) TCU at Kansas State, 2:30 p.m., ESPNU
It doesn't matter how I pick Kstate they always let me down. Mildcats 31-28

(11) Ole Miss at Auburn, 6 p.m., ESPN
Eddie will probably turn over in his easy chair when he sees this Kiffin and Co 35-31

(12) Kentucky at Mississippi State, 6 p.m., SEC Network
Tough pick but I like Miss st at home 30-27

(13) Penn State at Ohio State, 6:30 p.m., ABC
Finally an easy one. Suckeyes 41-21

(14) Louisville at North Carolina State, 6:30 p.m., ACC Network
State is like a bad case of jock itch that just won't go away Cards 30-27

(15) Bye at Arkansas
Bye's QB looks like Johnny Unitas against the Hogs bend then break defense Bye 44-14

Curmudgeon ramblings: Get rid of the women sideline reporters, they add absolutely nothing to the game. Let them do synchronized swimming or some other useless sport.

Something has to be done about the officiating, it has gone from bad to terrible to abominable.

The fake injury thing is gotten out of hand. Treat it like a penalty box in hockey. If the trainer has to come out then the injured player has to sit for 5 minutes of game time or the end of that possession, whichever is longest.

Pay for elocution lessons for all announcers.

Bill Walton should be banned from television including past interviews or anytime he has ever spoken. He's an idiot

Whoever came up with the new overtime format needs to be tarred and feathered, drawn and quartered and burned at the stake in that order. Give each team one possession starting at the 50 and then call it a tie. Or penalty kicks, one for each team starting at the 40 then moving up in 5 yd increments until we have a winner.

Do away with intention grounding, in the grasp and breaking the plane. It's incomplete, on the ground or in the endzone. Real simple concept

that's enough for today

BarryBobPosthole
10-27-2021, 07:44 AM
Lol, I’ve always thought intentional grounding was the equivalent of soccer’s off sides calls. Half of the fans disagree with every single call. The other half doesn’t understand the rule.

Things are getting interesting! The next five weeks are the best in college sports. I don’t understand how or why anyone would prefer making a post season tournament the jewel in the crown when November has always been there already.

Oh well.

Its curmudgeon central around here!

BKB

Chicken Dinner
10-27-2021, 09:27 AM
The Wolfpack are a different animal this year (see what I did there?) at home this year and I like them to win this week. Tech is anybody’s guess. The Coach is likely to be let go at the end of the season if not sooner. They’ll either fold up and call it a season or rally for him. My money is on folding up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BarryBobPosthole
10-29-2021, 10:15 AM
Florida-Georgia is starting to sound more and more like it might be a close one. Florida and Georgia are both coming off a bye so they’ve had two weeks to prepare. Georgia’s QB is listed as day-to-day with a lat injury. Dan Mullen is coaching for survival after that LSU loss. And this group startedthe season ranked 6th until Kentucky popped their bubble. And Kentucky ain’t no slouch.

Game of the Week IMO.

BKB

BarryBobPosthole
10-30-2021, 11:36 AM
Interesting fun Sooner football fact. Lincoln Riley came on board as OC in 2015. The Sooners haven’t lost a game in November since.

Championship November is one week away!

BKB

BarryBobPosthole
10-30-2021, 03:36 PM
Poor Sark.

QA’s prediction Bayor 31-20

Actual score: Baylor31-24

Damn, boy. You’re getting good at this.

BKb

quercus alba
10-30-2021, 03:53 PM
2-3 right now. Kribbs could do better

Chicken Dinner
10-30-2021, 06:20 PM
Kribbs couldn’t tell a football from a basketball.[emoji48]

Chicken Dinner
10-31-2021, 08:24 AM
Georgia sure looks more and more like the real deal every week. If they beat Bama in the SEC championship, it’ll be interesting to see what sort of mental gymnastics the committee uses to include a two loss Bama in the playoff.

BarryBobPosthole
11-01-2021, 09:51 AM
Don’t look now but its Championship November!

BkB