PDA

View Full Version : Any Subaru drivers here?

Bwana
10-27-2021, 02:56 PM
Still in the dreaming stage but the wife is now considering a Subaru Ascent for her next vehicle. Just wondering if any of you have ever had a Subaru and what your thoughts were?

Hombre
10-27-2021, 02:59 PM
When I moved to Washington it was all I saw it felt like, some of that was because I actually thought they were no longer building cars. I've personally never owned one but know a lot who have and I've only ever heard good things about them.

Trav
10-27-2021, 03:07 PM
Get her some Birkenstock sandals & the Subaru and she’s got a lesbian starter kit. I am only kidding, my stepsister has an Outback and it’s really nice and runs like a top. It’s a pretty nice unit and has held together great, i thinks it’s 7 years old and still looks new.

Thumper
10-27-2021, 03:33 PM
Ha ha ha! Yep, years ago driving a Subaru was like flying your “rainbow flag”. I gave Len hell when he put his daughter in one a few years back (I think when she went off to school). ;)

http://https://www.quora.com/Why-is-there-a-stereotype-that-Subaru-is-a-lesbian-car-and-why-are-Subaru%E2%80%99s-so-popular-among-lesbians

That said, as far as I know, they’re pretty reliable cars. You may want to check with Len to see how his daughter’s car held up.

Chicken Dinner
10-27-2021, 06:56 PM
My son’s got an Outback. Good dependable vehicle and does great in the snow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jb
10-27-2021, 08:31 PM
4 years ago wife was between an Outback and a GMC Terrain, drove both, like both, but I fit better in the GMC and she still liked "buy American".
Her Terrain so far is trouble free, great gas mileage and can go TWD and FWD just by a turn of the knob.
4 years old with 20k miles, at this rate it should last her a few more years.

Bwana
10-28-2021, 09:32 AM
I hear what you are all saying and have to agree.

At this time it is between the Subaru Ascent and the Chevy Traverse.

Time will tell.

Chicken Dinner
10-28-2021, 10:00 AM
The Ascent is one of the things we’re looking at as well. (If prices ever come down!). If you go in that direction, I’d love to hear how it works out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BarryBobPosthole
10-28-2021, 10:51 AM
Some folks are saying the chip shortage may last until 2023. If so, the price of cars ain’t coming down real soon. Auto makers are already scaling back chip-intensive features, like GM’s cylinder drop out feature to improve mileage for one.
BKB

Penguin
10-28-2021, 11:23 AM
Sweet.

I guess it really is an ill wind that blows no good.

Will