PDA

View Full Version : She's a lucky little bugger (Dad brag)

Bwana
11-10-2021, 02:39 PM
Here in ND kids can get a whitetail doe tag at ages 12 and 13. At 14 you are eligible to get a tag that allows you to take any deer, anywhere in the state with the exception of some muley only units in the western side of the state. After those first three youth tags, in the eyes of ND Game and Fish, you become an adult and have to apply for tags just like anyone else and given our limited resources, this means not only might you not be able to draw a buck tag, but you might not even draw a tag at all.

Up to this point, my daughter has been lucky enough to not only draw a tag every year, but also fill said tags. That being said, the only buck tag she has had so far is the "statewide" tag and I have to say she made the most of it.

After three years of whitetail doe tags in an alternate unit, she was finally able to draw another buck tag. After classes were over last Friday, she made a 2 hour drive to the farm where she was met by Grandpa who had been not-so-patiently waiting for her so they could go hunting together. Near the end of shooting time she got her chance and made it count with a single shot from her mother's gun.

Needless to say, when the missus and I pulled into the yard we were great with smiles a mile wide and the excited chatter of two VERY happy hunters recounting the story of the hunt.

I really wish we would have weighed the beast as it was one BEEFY buck, but that didn't happen.

She tells me she is putting it on the wall and when I asked how a college kid can afford something like that, Grandpa chimed in that he was more than willing to give her Christmas and birthday money to make sure it happens.

Memories...

Bwana
11-10-2021, 02:40 PM
Call my sister

Hombre
11-10-2021, 06:37 PM
WOW - What a buck! What great memories. Congrats!

Thumper
11-10-2021, 10:55 PM
Would’a been a really nice one in another year or two! :)

(That is one huge beast!) :thumbsup

Chicken Dinner
11-10-2021, 11:56 PM
That’s fantastic!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Penguin
11-11-2021, 08:10 AM
They do grow big ones out there don't they? Goodness sakes that's a nice one!

Will

quercus alba
11-11-2021, 09:25 AM
her camo don't match

DeputyDog
11-11-2021, 09:48 AM
Nice deer! Kudos to Grandpa for stepping up to pay for the mount she wants done. (Of course, I doubt that you would have turned her down if she really wanted it done.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big Skyz
11-11-2021, 03:34 PM
Very nice! Heck I'd like to kill one that big!