PDA

View Full Version : Turkey Day plans?

Bwana
11-24-2021, 12:30 PM
Does anyone have anything exciting/interesting planned for Thanksgiving?

The kids will all be home so will be celebrating with them on Thursday.

At my daughter's suggestion and because she is missing her high school trap shooting gang, we are having Friendsgiving on Saturday evening in the shop/man cave, lovingly known as The Study. We are providing potatoes, ham, and turkey while everyone else brings whatever they want to share. I'm certain there will be too much to eat, a few drinks had, and lots of laughs.

Better get to the gym or hit the field looking for pheasants so as to burn some extra calories to make room.

Take care folks and I for one am thankful for this page and all of you.

John

Thumper
11-24-2021, 12:58 PM
We always spend Thanksgiving with our close friends here in town (the one’s who own all the Subway sandwich shops in the area). Maybe we’ll have turkey subs for T’giving! ;)

Naaa, they’re bazillionaires and the food is always top notch. He and Lynn do most of the cooking, the wife does the desserts and I watch tv while waiting to be fed! Ha! :D

Hope all of youse dufes have a great T’giving, but don’t overeat. Leave that up to me! ;)

quercus alba
11-24-2021, 01:54 PM
We're doing a Thanksgiving/Christmas friday. All the kids, grandkids dogs cats rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperadoes, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, arse-kickers, shirt-kickers and Methodists will be there.

Got a 22 lb turkey, 15 lb ham and all the fixings to go with it. Saturday will be junk food day, chips and dips, a charcuterie board, cookies, pies, egg nog, cokes and whatever else we can scrape up.

I may need an insulin IV

BarryBobPosthole
11-24-2021, 03:42 PM
We’re having a bit of a scaled down Turkey Day here. Our two girls will be here but only one of the boys could make it. And strangely neither of the kid’s spouse could make it. I’m looking forward to the pies! The rest is good and wholesome, but give me a piece of pecan pie with the homemade ice cream I made yesterday and y’all can have yer danged old thunderchicken.

We have a lot to be thankful for and a lot to be pissed about this year. and last year. So there’s no telling how my grace might turn out when it comes time to eat. I suspect a cross between Charlie Anderson’s prayer in ‘Shenandoah’ and Morgan Freeman.

We had fresh deer tenderloins chicken fried with white gravy and biscuits and ham and eggs for a late breakfast this morning. Twas a good tablesetter! Got things stretched out a bit in prep for tomorrow.

BKB

Chicken Dinner
11-24-2021, 04:38 PM
We’ll go see my wife’s family in Baltimore. It should be a good time. My mother-in-law dry brines the Turkey and I cook it on the rotisserie attachment if their grill. It’s the best way to cook a Turkey I’ve ever had. Our contribution will be the sausage stuffing and a charcuterie board for lunch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BarryBobPosthole
11-24-2021, 05:02 PM
I’m interested in this dry brine

Chicken Dinner
11-24-2021, 10:15 PM
https://www.williams-sonoma.com/m/products/williams-sonoma-turkey-herb-dry-brine/?cm_cat=Google&sku=5238489&region_id=477340&catalogId=79&cm_ite=5238489&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIzsqDzriy9AIV9AeICR1tgQMGEAQYASAB EgLGyPD_BwE&cm_ven=PLA&cm_pla=Food%20%3e%20Dry%20%26%20BBQ%20Rubs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk