PDA

View Full Version : Happy Turkey Day ….

Thumper
11-25-2021, 08:31 AM
… ya’ bunch’a turkeys!

We’ll be doing our usual thing with the Subway friends …. Maybe they’ll serve turkey subs to change things up a bit this year! Highly unlikely as I usually leave there feeling like I’ve just swallowed a dump truck! (Although a good tasting one!)

Anyway, my best to you and yours. Don’t eat too much! Ha! Yeah right!

BarryBobPosthole
11-25-2021, 11:12 AM

Thumper
11-25-2021, 11:36 AM
Good point! Dang Injuns! :(

DeputyDog
11-25-2021, 09:56 PM
We had an interesting holiday.

We left home on Tuesday evening and since it’s about an 8 hour drive to where we go in PA, we stopped part way and finished the drive Wednesday morning.

So once we got to our friend’s house, we find out that he was at the doctor. We had been there just a short time when he gets back and tells us he has Covid.

So instead of staying at their house we ended up in a hotel and having to find a place to get Thanksgiving dinner.

Killed some time today at Gettysburg and ended up having our dinner at a Cracker Barrel of all places.

We were planning on staying until Sunday but we will be heading home tomorrow instead. Going to go to Hershey tomorrow before we head back west.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thumper
11-26-2021, 08:18 AM
Deppity, I know it’s nobody’s business, but the question begs to be asked …. just curious, do you know if he’d been vaccinated?

We were invited over to our friend’s house for T-giving dinner yesterday and there were to be 10 people present (counting us, them and 6 additional family members). We had been told ahead of time that ALL invited parties had been fully vaccinated. It was a nice assurance during these crazy times.

DeputyDog
11-26-2021, 08:36 AM
Yes he had been vaccinated. He was having symptoms similar to bronchitis, upper chest congestion and cough along with a headache.

Chicken Dinner
11-26-2021, 09:56 AM
Sorry to hear about your plans, DD. It sounds like you made the best of it though. Gettysburg is a great visit and I’ve been numerous times (as recently as this past summer) as it’s only about two hours away.

DeputyDog
11-26-2021, 10:01 AM
Our friends live in Hanover which is only about 15 miles from Gettysburg, so we go there every year. My son is a big history buff.

BarryBobPosthole
11-26-2021, 12:03 PM
Wow, that’s a rough surprise, vaxed or not. I hope your friend is better soon! Sounds like y’all landed on your feetand still had your family turkey day!

BKB

Thumper
11-26-2021, 12:09 PM
Deppity, coincidentally, the friends we had dinner with yesterday had a similar experience. He came down with Covid a couple months ago. He’d already been vaccinated, but it was before the booster was recommended. It sounds similar to your friend, he was diagnosed, but not hospitalized. He has health issues, including diabetes, so we have to wonder how serious it would have been if he’d not been vaccinated. Who knows? Glad your friend’s case isn’t critical and he was able to return home.

BarryBobPosthole
11-26-2021, 12:38 PM
I think the last number I saw for breakthough cases was about 2 1/2%. It sure seems like, just from the stories you hear, that its higher than that. The number of hospitalizations though for vaxed folks is way way low and number of deaths is almost nonexistent.

BKb

DeputyDog
11-26-2021, 01:20 PM
There was a really nasty sinus thing going around my area a month or so ago too that was sending a lot of people to the doctor.

I ended up getting something. Had really bad sinus congestion, and headache, but no other symptoms, then I lost my sense of smell for about a week. I had even tried the old school Vick’s Vapo-Rub on my chest and couldn’t even smell that. Never got tested but I wouldn’t be surprised if it was Covid. I was vaccinated back in January so I guess I should get the booster.

BarryBobPosthole
11-26-2021, 01:37 PM
I have to wonder if you have a breakthrough case of covid, if that creates the antibodies that would make a booster unnecessary?

BKb

quercus alba
11-26-2021, 01:51 PM
I think the last number I saw for breakthough cases was about 2 1/2%. It sure seems like, just from the stories you hear, that its higher than that. The number of hospitalizations though for vaxed folks is way way low and number of deaths is almost nonexistent.

BKb

I've yet see any type of media that doesn't lie and distort. Sensationalism sells and the largest percentage of Americans are too dumb or selfish to see that. I don't believe the news was truthful about yesterday being thanksgiving so I'm eating it again today just in case.

fortunately, I have Thump and Posty to give me a fair and unbiased account of what is really going on in the world

BarryBobPosthole
11-26-2021, 02:01 PM
Its about time our value is recognized around here.

BKB

DeputyDog
11-26-2021, 02:12 PM
I have to wonder if you have a breakthrough case of covid, if that creates the antibodies that would make a booster unnecessary?

BKb

I wonder the same thing but my wife is insistent that I get the booster.

Same thing applies to my 11 year old son. He tested positive around Labor Day before the vaccine was approved for his age group.