PDA

View Full Version : College basketball

DeputyDog
12-01-2021, 09:32 AM
With the football season winding down except for the seemingly endless number of bowl games and the playoffs, I’ve turned my attention to basketball.

Of course, it helps that Purdue looks really good this year.

So far it seems that it has the potential to be chaotic like the football season was in regards to the top teams losing.

Gonzaga, who went undefeated in the regular season last year started out #1 then they got beat by Duke who was ranked #7 at the time, I think. Then comes the Big 10/ACC challenge and Duke gets knocked off by unranked Ohio State. Purdue easily handled Florida State and was ranked #2. Does this open the door for Purdue to move up to the top spot for the first time ever in the polls?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chicken Dinner
12-01-2021, 09:41 AM
Makes sense to me as long as they don’t let up and lose over the weekend.[emoji12]

quercus alba
12-01-2021, 09:50 AM
Hogs are ranked 10th but that won't last, everybody is shooting lights out against us from three point land, doesn't matter how good a defense you play either. Old lady up in the nosebleed section tripped and fell the other night and her dentures flew out across the court

nothing but net

BarryBobPosthole
12-01-2021, 10:50 AM
The Sooners aren’t ranked yet, but we get our first test at home against a ranked opponent tonight, Florida. 10th or 11th I think.

We have a new coach, Porter Moser, that came here last year from Loyola. I’ve watched a few games this year and I like his style of playing, but it remains to be seen if wehave much talent yet.

The transfer portal is going to be more impactful to BB than football IMO. We have a couple of transfer starters, which is not a positive to me. Part of the fun of watching college sports is watching players develop over the few years they play.Now its one and done and off to a new school.

BKB

DeputyDog
12-01-2021, 10:52 AM
That’s the best part of this year‘s Purdue team. They’ve got some good talent that’s been there for a few years. It’s nice to see potential NBA players stick around these days.

BarryBobPosthole
12-01-2021, 12:39 PM
It sure is, and its only a few programs that can do it. Bill Self is a master at developing players and he does well holding onto them too. Of course it helps when you’re in the final four as often as they are.
BKB