PDA

View Full Version : Need an amateur techie here

Thumper
12-07-2021, 06:23 AM
I’ve been busy as a one-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs these past few days and have barely had time to ….. well, let’s just say, I’ve been busy.

Bwana seems to be locked out of the site and I haven’t even had time to address it (not that I’d have a clue what to do about it anyway). Does anyone here think they can give him a hand? Evidently he’s locked out and the site won’t accept his password to get back in. I suggested he register as a new user (different user name/password) temporarily until we figure it out. He tried, but that doesn’t work either.

That got me thinking. If I remember correctly, to register, the new registration had to be approved by the site Admin. Who TF is the Admin. around here anyway? Where does the approval request go and who approves the new registrant? That could be a reason there’s never any new blood around here. I “think” LJ set that system up way back in the day, but I’m clueless. I assume the requests are forwarded to him for approval??

Anyway, notice it’s 5:00 am as I post this as Lynn and I are headed out for 4-5 days at the beach. (Yes you bunch’a Yankees, it’s in the 80’s here!) Again, I don’t have the time (right now) OR the technical know-how to fix this. (I just pay the bills around here) Can someone attempt to tackle this issue and lend a hand? I have Bwana’s contact info if needed and I’m sure he wouldn’t mind my passing it on to one of you legitimate deplorables if needed.

Thanks! I’ll have my cell and laptop at the beach, so I’ll be in contact, but may be a bit slow responding.

Chicken Dinner
12-07-2021, 08:46 AM
I’ll shoot Len a text and see if he can check in as this is above my pay grade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thumper
12-07-2021, 09:29 AM
Thanks CD. In the aftermath of losing Cappy and the total confusion trying to straighten out the billing for the site (only Cappy had passwords, etc), I lost track of who has what. I have the new log-in info as I had the account transferred into my name with automatic renewals charged to my personal credit card. To prevent a repeat of the confusion in case something happens to me, I sent the info to Posthole so we'd have a back-up person to make the next transfer easy-peasy. I can't remember if Ticboy was AWOL during that transition, or if I also gave him the info. If he can do anything to help and needs the site's financial/log-in info, I'll have that with me and he can contact me by phone, text or email. As stated, I'll be out of town, but will still be able to be contacted.

Anyway, we've about finished loading the car and will be headed out soon, so I'll be on the road for a bit.

863-712-7291
thumper1952@verizon.net

LJ3
12-07-2021, 09:55 AM
I'll see if I can reset Bwanas login creds.

We get tons of registration requests. I long ago set a rule to delete all those emails. There's dozens per day, none are legit. They are all hackers or spammers. So it's not the technology that is keeping new blood from registering. It's the lack of interest and the platform. But you ain't heard that from me :D

BarryBobPosthole
12-07-2021, 10:06 AM
I'll see if I can reset Bwanas login creds.

We get tons of registration requests. I long ago set a rule to delete all those emails. There's dozens per day, none are legit. They are all hackers or spammers. So it's not the technology that is keeping new blood from registering. It's the lack of interest and the platform. But you ain't heard that from me :D

Is that right there what they call a self fulfilling prophesy?

BKB

quercus alba
12-07-2021, 12:13 PM
Pretty sure I found a photo of Len shopping at Walmart

BarryBobPosthole
12-07-2021, 04:24 PM
I’ll bet Thumper has already had to stop for a sandwich.
BKB

Chicken Dinner
12-07-2021, 08:59 PM
I’d eat that…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk