PDA

View Full Version : I honestly hate to ask

Buckrub
02-24-2013, 09:31 PM
but I could just use a few more prayers. You guys seem better connected than I am. Sure seems to work, anyway.

Mother is home, but not healing very fast. Her foot is swollen where they took the stitches out, and when H2O2 is poured on it, white goop comes out like crazy. Worse, she's in a ton of pain.

I can't even take her to the doctor. Friday the wife got some news. She probably has MRSA infection in her face. Started in a sore inside her nose, and now her whole upper lip is as big as her arm. They did a culture and we find results tomorrow. She is in pain, throwing up everything, and trying to keep several massive antibiotics down. This mrsa is bad stuff. They think she is possibly a 'carrier' from when her mother had it before she died in June, 2010. The nose is where carriers carry it at. She was caring for mother daily, but now they won't let her near Mother. In fact, this may be what's wrong with Mother's foot.

So, wheely and mother's car, and such things, have not been on my mind much. These two, plus the ongoing other family issues that never seem to stop escalating, are about to drive me into the ground, just to be honest. I try to be upbeat and think of other stuff, but late at night, I get a bit weary......... This weekend spent a few hours at the camp in S. Ark that I went mudding at 3 weeks ago. Fri night I got some chest pain, but I think I figured out it was from lifting a heavy ice chest. It went away mostly Saturday. Having just gotten off of Plavix and him telling me that chest pain would be my only indication that wasn't a good choice........well, that and being a full hour through mud to a remote hospital.....I got a bit scared. I know I was sure glad to wake up Sat morning!!!

It'll all work out, of course.....but today feels like Monday, Monday..........and tomorrow is.

Don't reply here and all that...........just mention those two in your prayers, if you get a chance.

Trav
02-24-2013, 09:57 PM
Bucky,

You got my prayers heading your way.

Big Muddy
02-24-2013, 10:18 PM
Okay, you got it, buddy....just remember, you won't be burdened with more than you can bear, and "this, too, shall pass."

Captain
02-24-2013, 10:36 PM
You got it coming from NC/SC.

Keep us posted
Take Care, Captain

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Sunshine
02-24-2013, 10:47 PM
Bucky
There's been a lot of discussions,between God and I, over what he thinks I can handle and what I'm able to handle.

Even when I'm at that last breaking point and about to just give up, things seem to turn around.

So try to hold onto your faith and give it all to him.

It doesn't seem like things will every get to a good point, right now, but hopefully it will.

An old friend once told me life is like riding a wave.
When things are going good, you're riding the upside of the wave and flying across the crest.

What goes up most come down, so right now you are riding down the wave.

At some point, you will start riding up the next way.

So hang on, hopefully its going to get better soon.
Prayers to you and your family.

Thumper
02-25-2013, 12:56 AM
When I was in the hospital ... I seriously doubt there was ANYTHING going around that I didn't come down with ... MRSA being one of them. It's tough to treat. I was isolated and everyone who entered my room had to put on their space suits. One more fine experience under my belt. :(

I finally got it cleared up through treatment and moved on to the the next thing on the list! Now that it's on my record, it'd take an act of Congress to get it off. BUT ... there's a plus side ... after that experience, anytime I go into the hospital now, I'm isolated and always get a private room! It beats the heck out'ta those dang 6 man rooms they have on some floors of the VA! Considering I've been back in the hospital 6-8 times since then for various surgeries, it really "paid off"! I don't mean to make light of a bad situation, but sometimes when it seems the world is against you and you're on a downward spiral ... it turns out there's a positive side to the situation ... no matter how miniscule it may be.

I hope mom gets through this without too much problem and she finds her "positive" side to all of this.

Niner
02-25-2013, 09:46 AM
Bill, I won't post anything here.....but I will talk with The Man about y'all.

Bwana
02-25-2013, 03:10 PM
Adding them to my list.

Buckrub
02-25-2013, 03:13 PM
Update. Been to two docs this morning. Wife does have MRSA, confirmed from culture, almost assuredly came from Conway hospital ER. She cared for Mother for days, and Mother is going to doc today with problems with her foot wound 'oozing', red, and swollen, so I am afraid she has it. Not good........