PDA

View Full Version : Well, this is cool! (Coyote related)

Thumper
02-25-2013, 02:29 AM
I have a buddy (Dan) I met in the service 42 years ago. We have some real history behind us and we trusted each other to watch our backs too many times to remember. I had NO problem trusting him with my life and the feeling was mutual. I'd have to say, he's closer to me than my own (blood) brothers and we've always stayed in close contact. Since cell phones, texting and e-mail have come on line ... we actually communicate with each other EVERY SINGLE day of the week ... and have for many years. A day seldom goes by that we don't "talk" at least once, but most times, we talk several times a day. He also calls my mom almost every day just to check in (he calls her "mom" also). We were in beautiful S.E. Asia together and I was there when he and his Thai girlfriend (whom he later married) had a son, Little Danny. Nowadays, Danny lives next door to his dad in Texas and they've always been close. Growing up, Danny always called me Uncle Jimmy. 'Course, now he's married and has his own kids and HIS kids now call me "Uncle Jimmy"! (which does nothing but make me feel old) .. :(

Anyway, Danny entered a coyote calling contest somewhere in Texas this weekend (Sat-Sun). I talked to him Saturday night and he had 13 dead coyotes under his belt so far ... not a bad start! Tonight his dad called to inform me Danny won the contest ... not only for the most called in (and killed) ... but he also won the contest for "BIGGEST coyote killed". He received $4000 for the most called/killed and an extra $950 for the largest. Not a bad weekend! Nothing like getting PAID to have fun! Heck, I forgot to even ask what the final tally was for number of coyotes.

I'm sure I'll be getting some pictures texted or e-mailed to me once he gets home, but I may not get them posted. We're leaving tomorrow night for Los Angeles and I may not be around here much, 'til we return March 6. I just wanted to throw this up here before I go to bed because I'm proud of him! Congrats Danny!

Chicken Dinner
02-25-2013, 09:13 AM
Post of the pics!

Captain
02-25-2013, 09:48 AM
Very cool!!

Wish I could call em like that.
Forward picture to me and ill post for you if you don't have time.
Take Care, Captain

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Thumper
02-25-2013, 10:19 AM
Just got off the phone with my bud. Says the boy was going full out for 24 hours straight and has crashed out. Says he'll ask about pics once he wakes up. Man that sounds like fun!

I'll do that Cappy. Lynn's mom has no computer, so I'll be trying to play here with my iPhone only.

Bwana
02-25-2013, 03:19 PM
Talk about a boat load of fun!

DeputyDog
02-25-2013, 03:36 PM
Troy needs to enter that competition.

Thumper
02-25-2013, 04:12 PM
Yeah Depity. I understand the prize money was "low" this year due to lower attendence. Driving with fuel prices what they are and airlines raising fares through the roof ... there weren't as many entries as usual ... which affected the purse somewhat.

Thumper
02-26-2013, 05:01 AM
Sent a pic to Cappy last night. Not sure if he'll post it here or start a new thread.

Captain
02-26-2013, 06:25 AM
Posting these for Jim

Now that is super cool!
Take care, Captain

Big Skyz
02-26-2013, 10:19 AM
That is my idea of a VERY GOOD DAY!

Thumper
02-27-2013, 12:26 PM
Well, I got a clarification. The competition runs for 24 hours. It ran from noon on Saturday to noon on Sunday. Those 13 'yotes were his total entry. He won most 'yotes as well as biggest 'yote.

Captain
02-27-2013, 05:15 PM
13 divided by 24 carry the ought..... Anyway you want to cifer' it its a ass load of yotes!
Congrats to him

Buckrub
02-27-2013, 06:32 PM
Well, Yote Tee Lay Eee Who.

Cool for him.

PLEASE ask him to come to our place next. Prizes less, benefit great.