PDA

View Full Version : Deppity

Thumper
12-20-2021, 09:07 AM
I know I'm probably starting to sound like a flake, but I still haven't had a chance to dig out all that cast iron. We've been so busy lately, I simply haven't had the time as it's all packed away in the garage. I have plans to get back into the eBay business after the holidays as I've just been too busy to fool with it. Plus with Biden's new tax plan kicking in the first of the year, I have to set up a whole new business operation to document all transactions. expenses. etc.

We had to play catch-up after 2 weeks in Los Angeles, then we spent a couple days visiting friends from out of town who were here for almost a week. After that, we spent 5 days in Fort Myers, returned for a few days, then spent 2 days in Orlando. In between, we've been TRYING to prepare for our trip up North for Christmas. Then I've been dealing with my buddy's wife passing the past few days in between trying to get some work done. Plus we spent most of the day Saturday at our friend's house and had dinner at their place. so it was another long day. We're heading out in the motorhome early Wednesday morning, so we have to be fully loaded and ready to go by tomorrow evening. We'll be back late next Monday night. Needless to say, I've been as busy as a one-armed paper hanger and just haven't had the time to unpack that stuff and dig through it!

I WILL get it done though! As for the Griswolds, just going by memory here, I believe I've sold all of what I have, but am not 100% sure. I may have a couple of sketchy pieces left (worn, dirty/crusty), I'm just not sure. I believe most of what I have left is vintage Wagner and Lodge pieces, but there are probably a few oddballs mixed in. I PROMISE I'll get to it before you're ready to head back home!

Anyway, I'm about to head out to fuel up the motorhome and get the tire pressures where they need to be. We're gonna be working and running around here like ants for the next couple days.

DeputyDog
12-20-2021, 10:33 AM
Like I said before, no hurry. If you don’t get through it this week, I’ll be back down that way the first week of April.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bwana
12-20-2021, 10:34 AM
Glad to hear you are getting out again with the motorhome Jim. Where are you headed?

Thumper
12-20-2021, 10:57 AM
Ok Deppity, I'll just play it by ear and hope to find some extra time.

Bwana, we're headed to Destin Florida and have a campsite on the beach. It's 425 miles from here, so it'll be a bit of a drive since I try to keep my speed between 60-65 to shoot for a bit better fuel mileage. My son has friends who had a condo rented on the beach for the Christmas holidays. Their daughter decided not to accompany them at the last minute, so they invited my son and his girlfriend to come along with them. We found a campsite close to their condo and will get up there on the 22nd. They will arrive (flying in) the morning of the 23rd and my son will be renting a car. We will all be leaving on the 27th. I'm not sure if we'll travel all the way home that day, or stop along the way and camp for the night. We're self-contained, so don't really need hook-ups ... so who knows? If we can't find an opening, we may just hit the Cracker Barrel wherever we happen to be, camp for the night, have a nice breakfast, then continue home on the 28th.

Bwana
12-20-2021, 11:28 AM
Sounds like a great time Thumper, hope you have a great time.

airbud7
12-20-2021, 05:07 PM
Jim's wearing flip-flops while I'm wearing long johns and two pair of socks just to stay warm!....something ain't right with this picture?

Have fun Thumper!