PDA

View Full Version : Thump - Sushi

Hombre
01-05-2022, 06:55 PM
Our favorite place here, for Sushi, is Sushi Kashiba. The setting is reminds me a lot of Japanese sushi restaurants, very small and intimate setting where the head chef usually will come out and talk. Chef Shiro generally will come out and talk here, and has had a huge influence on Seattles sushi scene. You can read a little about him here https://sushikashiba.com/story. Anyway on this particular trip I tried to order Geoduck and was told it wasn't available. They explained that because of the snow we've had in the region they weren't able to access fresh Geoduck from the beach so it wasn't available. This is one of the reasons this place is the best, they focus on fresh. Uni is another thing I feel has to be fresh and this place, or Japan, is about the only place I'll eat it.

So, fire up the RV and head this way!

BarryBobPosthole
01-05-2022, 07:50 PM
Geoduck. Sounds like something you could track onyour Apple watch.

That’s the clam with the long schlong ain’t it?

Is the schlong the best part?

BKB

Thumper
01-05-2022, 07:59 PM
TBH, my first couple of experiences with uni were not good ones and I've never had it since. The first was at a very popular restaurant, the second was a hole in the wall. I really should give it another chance as it's probably been 30 years or so since I've had it.

The Geoduck I've had has been good. Just yesterday, Lynn and I tried a new sushi restaurant that recently opened in town. Every time we've been by there, the place was packed, so we had high expectations. It was probably the suckiest sushi I've ever had! TOTALLY bland ... completely tasteless. It was immediately apparent they used NO sushi vinegar at all, just plain sushi rice. Then we noticed the clientele ... 100% non-Asian and a lot of what I'd call "working class" .... probably 90% white and quite a few Hispanic. I seriously doubt anyone in there had the slightest clue what sushi was supposed to taste like. Extremely disappointing and we will NOT be going back We were a little excited because it was very close to our house, whereas our favorite in the area is all the way on the opposite end of town from us.

Oh, and I can't leave this post without showing any uninformed deplorables here what Geoduck is. Here are a few pics. ;)

12988 12989

12990 12991