PDA

View Full Version : I’m Shocked!

BarryBobPosthole
01-29-2022, 01:21 PM
No Neil Young or Joni Mitchell bashing.

LOL, sometimes it takes a couple of Canadians to remind us we’re Americans.

BKB

DeputyDog
01-29-2022, 01:52 PM
Are you talking about the thing with Spotify?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

quercus alba
01-29-2022, 07:21 PM
Had to look them up to see who they were, looks like a couple of old singers I've never heard sing so it's not likely that either me or the music world will miss them much either. If they want to make a political statement it's their right

nothing to see here

chadwimc1
01-29-2022, 07:58 PM
I do believe them snow mexicans have their hands full with a rebellion. Their poobah has retreated to a secret bunker. Bagged milk futures have plummeted...

johnboy
01-29-2022, 09:26 PM
When the leader of a democratic country has to go into hiding because he is afraid to talk to his fellow citizens about their honest concerns then maybe it's time he took a walk in the snow.

As for Neil, it's kinda sad to see these old hippies that used to fight against the man get rich and become the man. Fuck Neil and his horse too.

Thumper
01-29-2022, 09:57 PM
Neil had a horse?? ;)

BarryBobPosthole
01-29-2022, 10:17 PM
It was crazy.

BKB

Big Skyz
01-31-2022, 05:01 PM
I believe he had a few horses. His song Old Man is based off an old ranch hand that was left on a ranch that Neil had bought.

One thing I will say about Neil Young and Joni Mitchell neither has aged well at all. The both have the lines on their faces of people who made a lot of bad choices and are now miserable. I pretty much find anything any celebrity has to say as irrelevant and these two are no exception.

Hombre
01-31-2022, 06:00 PM
I believe he had a few horses. His song Old Man is based off an old ranch hand that was left on a ranch that Neil had bought.

One thing I will say about Neil Young and Joni Mitchell neither has aged well at all. The both have the lines on their faces of people who made a lot of bad choices and are now miserable. I pretty much find anything any celebrity has to say as irrelevant and these two are no exception.

I would 100% agree with the "find anything any celebrity has to say as irrelevant." I've never understood why people hold so much value in political, life, or any other celebrity advise when they are so far disconnected from real life.

BarryBobPosthole
01-31-2022, 07:06 PM
Of course, I’m sure that doesn’t apply to Joe Rogan.
BKB

Hombre
01-31-2022, 08:00 PM
Of course, I’m sure that doesn’t apply to Joe Rogan.
BKB

100% applies to him too, I've never even heard his podcast.

quercus alba
01-31-2022, 11:36 PM
Who’s joe Rogan

Thumper
01-31-2022, 11:54 PM
Who’s joe Rogan

I have no clue.

chadwimc1
02-01-2022, 09:39 AM

Hombre
02-01-2022, 10:18 AM
I have no clue.

He's probably best known as a commentator for the UFC, and now has a podcast on Spotify. Basically his podcast triggered N young and he threw a fit and said Spotify had to remove his music....they did

Big Skyz
02-01-2022, 11:06 AM
Joe Rogan...never heard of her. I honestly don't care if I ever do.

Thumper
02-01-2022, 11:12 AM
I would 100% agree with the "find anything any celebrity has to say as irrelevant." I've never understood why people hold so much value in political, life, or any other celebrity advise when they are so far disconnected from real life.

I am 10,000% with you on this one. Well, Ronald Reagan was an exception! ;) (He was the last candidate I actually voted FOR ... every election since, I've simply voted AGAINST someone)

Big Skyz
02-01-2022, 11:41 AM
THIS!!! ^^^

BarryBobPosthole
02-01-2022, 12:08 PM
lol of course!

BKB

quercus alba
02-14-2022, 12:21 AM

Chicken Dinner
02-14-2022, 08:34 AM
I like Neil Young’s music and couldn’t care less about his politics. From what I’ve seen most “celebrities” are fairly under educated. Combine that with the fact that they tend to live in a bubble/echo chamber, they should just shut their pie holes and sing/act. While they are certainly entitled to their opinions, we’d all be better off if they’d kept them just that.

(I don’t give a rat’s ass about Joe Rohan either. If he’s on tape using the “N” word, he can’t be all that bright either.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Penguin
02-14-2022, 09:34 AM
It's a truly unbelievable time to be alive.... if you have your eyes open. I can't imagine how much professional zeal I'd have were I a Political Science professor or Psychiatrist.

A lot of people trying to come to grips with their own cognitive dissonance. A lot won't be able to make the trip and get back to reality. It really is fascinating.

Will

BarryBobPosthole
02-14-2022, 11:26 AM
We seem to have lost our ability, desire?, to agree about basically anything. Which is what separates from the rest of the primates if you think about it. So we break into smaller and smaller tribes where widespread agreement isn’t ne essary and we can pretend our reality isthe real one.

And I love Neil Young’s music. And about the only political thing he’s ever written about is his depiction of 70’s Alabama was so spot on it hurt.
But a southern man don’t need him around anyhow.
BKB

Penguin
02-14-2022, 12:29 PM
Yeah, Ronnie Van Zant was reputed to have been a fan in spite of Skynyrd's response to Southern Man. Life is funny ain't it?

I agree. We should be able to come together. We used to be able to. But that was a ways in the rearview. Now?

You remember when the internet was first gaining its reach? How they kept telling us that tv/cable news was an outdated mode? That it's business model didn't work? That they were going extinct?

Guess what, they were right.

That business model was broken. A failure. So they adopted a new one. No more unbiased coverage, no more we report you decide (snort). You figure out what group you want to capture, tell them what they want to hear, make it as biased and one sided as needed, and sell sponsorship/ad deals. Voila... new business model. And it works. But it ain't news. None of it. It keeps the hatred hot and the misinformed full of self satisfied smugness that they know more than the rubes on the other side who listen to the lies of their so called news shows. They are one of the prime drivers of the situation we find ourselves in.

Trouble is I have tried to come up with a business model for unbiased news that could survive and came up blank. In the age of the internet I don't know if it exists. If it has it has gotten past me. I have to admit that there are good interview type podcasts out there. And there are some really good individual author article pages out there. But as far as mass viewed news that isn't simply catering to the prejudices of one group? Not that I've seen.

Will

BarryBobPosthole
02-14-2022, 01:28 PM
When we can’t even agree to unite against a common threat or even agree there is one as a million of us die in America has been quite an eye opener for this old man. Unfortunately, its kind of reinforced my very negative belief that’s there’s only one resolution. Just study basic biology.
But old Mother Nature, orbiology or whatever, will resolve it because it always does when a species shits in its own habitat.
BkB

Thumper
02-14-2022, 03:39 PM
Willie, the problem with cable news these days, is the fact they’re not “news” shows. They pick “pieces” of real news (or simply whatever the current “flavor of the day” is), then turn it into COMMENTARY, aimed toward their target group, and call it news. Our local news is about all I watch anymore. I’ll get the local news, then during the National and World News segment, I’ll get what at least “feels” like unbiased news, just facts as they are known at the time. No blame, no predictions, just the news. That’s MHO anyway.

LJ3
02-14-2022, 05:37 PM
We've been conditioned to focus on differences and invent them if they're not intense enough. All we have to do is stop that.

You're welcome.

And Neil Young had just released a new album and the sales were shitty. That's why. What will see more? Divisiveness. You know it's bad when the peaceniks are doing it :D