PDA

View Full Version : Winter Storm

DeputyDog
01-31-2022, 10:48 PM
Looks like we’re going to get hammered by Mother Nature midweek.

The forecast is for 10-15” of snow starting late tomorrow night through Thursday with high winds on Thursday. If it happens like they think it’s gonna get nasty with really low temps following all the snow. They are calling for highs around 15 over the weekend with overnight lows around 0.

It could potentially rival the legendary “Blizzard of 78” around here. That storm is ranked among the top five worst ever recorded in the US. The anniversary of that one was just last week so they were really talking about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thumper
01-31-2022, 11:59 PM
Ouch! You need to get your butt back down here asap! We just went through a few cold nights, but we’ll be back to normal in a day or two.

Chicken Dinner
02-01-2022, 11:45 PM
We’ve had our coldest and snowiest January in 6-8 years. (Just had to go get another load of firewood as I already went through my normal supply.). I actually enjoy the snow. But, they can keep the ice that’s likely coming with this one.

BarryBobPosthole
02-02-2022, 10:30 AM
That storm stretches 2000 miles they say! Whew! We’re supposed to get up to 6” from it but you know how forecasting snow goes.

No ice for us here though thank goodness!
BKB

BarryBobPosthole
02-02-2022, 11:18 AM
And just as I say no ice its sleeting to beat the band. Dammit.

BKB

DeputyDog
02-02-2022, 11:25 AM
This has been a weird few days weather wise. It had been in the 20’s for several days then they start talking about this big storm coming.

Yesterday it hit 50 degrees and the rain started in the afternoon. The temps are going to be dropping since the overnight and continue through the end of next week when it is supposed to get back up to the very low 30’s.

So far we’ve only gotten about two inches of snow but it’s supposed to continue until Friday morning. Overall total is supposed to be around 15”.

The winds are supposed to pick up tomorrow and be 30+ MPH so if this wet snow freezes and gets a good crust on it, the dryer snow after the temp drops should be blowing like crazy.

BarryBobPosthole
02-02-2022, 12:19 PM
Yep, same here. It was sunny and 70 Monday and I was outside yesterday in shortsleeves and it was mid 60’s. Its 26 and freezing drizzle since about 7:00 this morning.

And the elms are budding. Dumbasses.

BKb

DeputyDog
02-02-2022, 05:17 PM
The wet snow sticking to everything is pretty but if it keeps up there’s going to be a lot of broken tree limbs.

We are at at least 6” and counting. Snow is coming down the fastest yet and the wind is picking up.