PDA

View Full Version : Stuff I've Been Up To

LJ3
02-08-2022, 02:51 PM
Some sort of post-mid-life crisis in joining a rock band and getting my rock on. It's been fun as hell. We've only been jamming and putting 3 sets together for a little bit but things are tightenting up.

Give it a listen if you feel like, ignore if you don't! If any of you local fuckwagons wanna come to a gig, I'll post info here as well.

Gel by Collective Soul
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/uYoVIo7IoOE" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Billy Idol Baby!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/lHvjKFLSrxs" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This is a band I'd not heard of before. Royal Blood. Song's called Figure it Out. This song is fun as hell to play!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/4x1jk5zOnPA" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thumper
02-08-2022, 03:45 PM
Well, it appears you’re handling the “post mid-life crisis” well, but tbh, this particular music doesn’t do it for me. I will say though, I bought the Collective Soul CD back in the mid-90’s for ONE song only. I played “December” over and over so many times (at extremely high volume) I ‘bout wore the disk out! Odd, but I really didn’t care much for their other songs, even the hits. I don’t know what it was that hit me so hard, but that song was like crack to me and no matter what, I could never get enough of it.

LJ3
02-08-2022, 04:09 PM
Yeah, I like that song too. I got tired of playing all the crap I've played my whole life so this is a refreshing change. We do Alice in Chains, Metallica, AC/DC, Bush, Weezer, Black Sabbath, Stone Temple Pilots, Scorpions, White Stripes, 3 doors down, Guns N Roses, Ramones, Motorhead, Judas Priest, Van Halen and stuff like that too. It's a shit ton of un to play and also gave me a reason to do some horse trading for different guitars and amps :D I've had to get 30+ songs down in a very short time which has been a little bit of a struggle but I'm almost there. First gig is on the 19th so I need to get my shit together!

Thumper
02-08-2022, 04:16 PM
But, just think of the potential for groupies! :biggrin

LJ3
02-08-2022, 04:45 PM
One woman is all I can handle! Hell, I'm not even good at that!

Both my ex-wives will be at our first gig :D

Chicken Dinner
02-08-2022, 05:25 PM
Keep us posted on the schedule Lenster. We can show up and embarrass you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thumper
02-08-2022, 05:28 PM
Keep us posted on the schedule Lenster. We can show up and embarrass you.

Take about a bushel of overripe ‘maters with you! ;)

LJ3
02-08-2022, 05:37 PM
1st gig is at American Legion Post 293, February 19th.

If Hank throws a mater at me I'll tell the crowd he's a liberal sympathizer and hates vets. Problem solved.

Chicken Dinner
02-08-2022, 06:01 PM
I don’t hate vets.[emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hombre
02-08-2022, 07:15 PM
You can probably just say the liberal part the other will be assumed

Big Skyz
02-09-2022, 11:31 AM
I'm glad you have an outlet like that. Everybody needs something to keep them grounded and sane.

Thumper
02-09-2022, 03:45 PM
I'm glad you have an outlet like that. Everybody needs something to keep them grounded and sane.

Grounded and sane???? LJ???? :laughing

Big Skyz
02-09-2022, 03:53 PM
Grounded and sane???? LJ???? :laughing

Imagine him if he didn't play guitar...:crazy

jb
02-09-2022, 04:02 PM
He'd probably have learned to play an upright organ !:friday

Thumper
02-09-2022, 09:08 PM
He'd probably have learned to play an upright organ !:friday

With tulips on it.