PDA

View Full Version : Fishing nostalgia

quercus alba
02-11-2022, 12:25 PM
A black and yellow H&H. A teenage boy’s primary bass weapon.

BarryBobPosthole
02-11-2022, 12:56 PM
Oh heck yeah.

I prolly killed more bass with an Abu spinner though than anything.
BKB

DeputyDog
02-11-2022, 01:48 PM
My go to’s on the lake I grew up on was either a purple artificial worm or a floating blue rapala 11.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BarryBobPosthole
02-12-2022, 05:50 PM
Rapalas wereabove my pay grade most of my teen years. Rebels, the humpback variety, were the go to minnow bait among my little redneck set of fishing friends.

BKb

ps and before I forget, the old Zebco 33was geared perfectly to fish that spinner bait QA posted. A perfect match.

Thumper
02-12-2022, 06:36 PM
Like Deppity, plastic worms or Rapalas for bass here. Rapalas were also my go-to trolling bait for Walleye and Northern Pike in Canada (or Pickerel to the locals). I'm with Cappy on fish, most ANY panfish is a Bream (pronounced Brim) as far as I'm concerned (bluegill, redear, sunfish, shellcracker, they're all brim) and a Pike is a Pike in my book (Pike, Pickerel, Musky). I really don't care what you want to call those slimy, toothy things ... it's a Pike! :D

I had blue, green, orange and silver Rapalas. They were all good and I'd switch around depending on water clarity or mostly just whatever the Walleye seemed to be hitting on that particular day.

BarryBobPosthole
02-12-2022, 06:41 PM
I have many plastic boxes of Rapala lures that only get used for trolling. Moreboxes of them than I’d care to admit.

BKb

johnboy
02-12-2022, 07:28 PM
When I bought my Lund years back, Lund had a promotional deal going with Rapala where you got 1 or more of pretty much everything that they made - lures, reels, rods, tools, knives, hats, coats etc., etc., etc. I've still got many boxes of lures that have never been opened. A LOT of stuff. Great deal.

BarryBobPosthole
02-12-2022, 07:42 PM
Lund makes a helluva boat.In any size.

BKB

FooBang
02-12-2022, 07:58 PM
It's my suspicion that lures are designed to catch the eye of fisherman and not-so-much fish.

quercus alba
02-12-2022, 08:12 PM
I had forgotten about the humpback Rebel, I have slain many yearling bass on a Zebco 404 using a blue and silver humpback Rebel. Now I’m gonna have to find one to buy

Blue and silver

DeputyDog
02-13-2022, 02:07 AM
I had some of those Rebels too. For some reason I seem to remember my favorite was a purple one. It’s funny, my Dad was always partial to the silver Rapala while I always used the blue ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thumper
02-13-2022, 08:07 AM
Lund makes a helluva boat.In any size. BKB

Yessir, it’s about the only brand I ever saw North if the border. Actually, bring from Florida, I never saw them except the ones the Yankees brought with them when they retired here. I once asked a Canadian transplant about them and he said it was the ONLY boat to own up there due to the rocks. (Florida ain’t gots no rocks) Once I began hunting and fishing up there, I grew to really respect them. In fact, every bear I ever shot (maybe a dozen), was brought back to camp in a Lund. I know nothing about their fiberglass boats, but if I were to ever buy another aluminum boat, I’d like to have a Lund.

Thumper
02-13-2022, 08:11 AM
It's my suspicion that lures are designed to catch the eye of fisherman and not-so-much fish.

What color arrows do you use for carp? ;)