PDA

View Full Version : Ok, ok, UNCLE already!!

Thumper
02-14-2022, 11:32 AM
I “tried” to watch the Super Bowl halftime show yesterday, but even though I like hip-hop, I felt like SOMETHING was being shoved down my throat. This isn’t really meant as a racist post, but I suppose technically it would be considered one. I’ve been hearing all the hype for weeks that this would be the “greatest half-time performance of all time!” Ummm, ALL performers were black. Well, except for Eminem, but he grew up in an all black neighborhood in Detroit (just sayin’) and HE was the only one during the whole Super Bowl to pull the ol’ “take a knee” routine to honor his buddy Kaepernick. Ok, it is what it is.

Then I get up this morning and turn on the boob tube. What do I get, FOUR CNN hosts talking about the Super Bowl. What was the subject? They were bitching about the fact that although 80% of NFL players are black, only 2% of NFL coaches are black! Then we get into what a terrible inequality that is! WTF? The halftime performers are “all” black, the NFL is 80% black, but the only glaring inequality is the low number of black coaches???

You can’t watch a tv commercial these days that doesn’t include a black/white couple, zebra kids, LGBTQABCXYZ’s or you name it, if one of those isn’t thrown in there, the advertiser is scared to death of being considered racist or prejudiced. Some call it progressive, I call it tiring. I’ve never, ever considered myself racist, but I’m beginning to get tired of being automatically considered one just because I’m white. At what point does reverse racism become an issue?

BarryBobPosthole
02-14-2022, 11:42 AM
I am not a fan of rap or hip hop so I didn’t pay much attention. I’ve thought ever since I saw my first Orange Bowl half time that halftime are the cheesiest shows ever and that people who watch them expecting themto begood, well theyjust aren’t as cool as me. Racist? No. Cool? Fuck yeah.
That said, it seemed weird that there so many 90’s rap icons performing. But if they’d put on a rock and roll show they’d have trotted out some old has been rock star like Elton. Its a fucking football game. I’d rather see high school marching bands than any of that glitzy crap.

BKB

Hombre
02-14-2022, 12:28 PM
I was meh about the half time show but I'll tell you the lady that sang the national anthem was amazing

Penguin
02-14-2022, 12:35 PM
There was a Super Bowl yesterday? How about that...

J/K

I watched a couple olympics competitions. Biathlons and curling. Finished the night up with the first half of Broken Trail. tbh college football season just kind of took it out of me. Both my schools sucked. Badly. And the Raiders, the only pro team I follow, just plain had a terrible season what with Gruden's imbecelic remarks captured in emails and the Ruggs tragedy...

Kind of took the heart out of my sports interest. First time in my life I've looked forward to football season ending.

Will

Chicken Dinner
02-14-2022, 12:48 PM
I’m not a half time show or opening ceremony guy. I prefer just “sports” and don’t need all the extra filler. During half time, I cleaned up the kitchen so I could hit the rack right after the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jb
02-14-2022, 01:04 PM
Two really bad half time shows in a row, last year was a total bust, this year damn near the same.
I watched a little of the first half, rooted for LA because of Stafford, but like most sporting events I got bored real early and went to bed, telling my wife, I'll read about it in the paper tomorrow.

Chicken Dinner
02-14-2022, 01:21 PM
My Twitter feed is full of a bunch of 30-40 year old white guys who think it was the best half time show they ever saw. To each their own I guess.

BarryBobPosthole
02-14-2022, 01:30 PM
Don’t feel bad, Hank. Marketing was boundto move on from us Boomers at some point. Now they’re courting Millennials. And that group has no taste in anything, much less music.

BKB

Bwana
02-14-2022, 01:30 PM
I have NEVER understood the whole half-time show hype. I have watched a few over the years and have pretty much always felt like, what the hell was that all about?

Half time is where you take a leak and get more munchies in preparation for the upcoming commercials which were pretty lacking this year for the most part.

quercus alba
02-14-2022, 01:31 PM
everything is political in the new woke environment. Everything. I didn't watch the superbowl. I don't watch the news, I have a mute button on my remote and I'm not afraid to use it.

These multi-gazillionares are obviously stupid as well as racist, they sacrifice hundreds of millions of $$ every year hiring inferior white coaches when they could be hiring minority coaches. Dumbasses. These owner didn't make and keep their money by being stupid or racist, they're trying to hire a coach that will produce a winning team skin color be damned. But that doesn't fit the agenda and keep things stirred up so they bitch about everything being racist.

I saw two professors fighting over whether the word eloquent was racist if applied to a black speaker

Jackasses

LJ3
02-14-2022, 05:46 PM
I enjoyed it. Dre and Snoop as cool af. You guys are old.

Thumper
02-15-2022, 07:05 AM
Don’t feel bad, Hank. Marketing was boundto move on from us Boomers at some point. Now they’re courting Millennials. And that group has no taste in anything, much less music. BKB

I have to admit, our favorite commercials lately have been for Progressive Insurance, the “Don’t become your parents” commercials. Lynn and I watch those and laugh our asses off. All the while at least one of us will be pointing at the other saying, “THATS YOU!!!” :)

(‘Course, 99% of the time, it’s her pointing at ME!)

Chicken Dinner
02-15-2022, 08:52 AM
I actually enjoy some OG rap. I just don’t have much interest in SB half time shows in general. I think someone said it above. But, it’s a great opportunity to go to the bathroom without missing any of the game or commercials.