PDA

View Full Version : How Many?

BarryBobPosthole
02-28-2022, 03:44 PM
I was out in the garden trying to get three five gallon buckets to come apart from one another and the question occured to me regarding how many hours have I spent in my lifetime standing or sitting on a five gallon bucket. The answer is ‘a fuckton’. Fishing, duck hunting,deer hunting, squirrel hunting, pulling weeds in the garden, and toting them for every outdoor job you can thing of.

I think if I had to rank tools that are handiest I’d rank a five gallon bucket above even duct tape.

BKb

Hombre
02-28-2022, 04:00 PM
I was out in the garden trying to get three five gallon buckets to come apart from one another and the question occured to me regarding how many hours have I spent in my lifetime standing or sitting on a five gallon bucket. The answer is ‘a fuckton’. Fishing, duck hunting,deer hunting, squirrel hunting, pulling weeds in the garden, and toting them for every outdoor job you can thing of.

I think if I had to rank tools that are handiest I’d rank a five gallon bucket above even duct tape.

BKb

I can agree with the 5 gallon bucket they're just handy to have. I'd also like to throw ratchet straps into the mix. Between strapping things down in a vehicle, holding stuff together, towing, etc they are also pretty dang useful. I always seem to need more, or find a use for them. I have a little 2 man water scamp that's attached to the garage wall, and a set of summer outdooor cushions held in the garage with them right now.

BarryBobPosthole
02-28-2022, 04:04 PM
I have a little maybe 1 1/2” ratchet strap that I tie my jon boat down in the bed of my truck with. Doesn’t seem like much bit that 14’ jon doesn’t move an RCH.

BKB

jb
02-28-2022, 04:45 PM
Can't tell you how may days during deer season that was my primary seat, usually with a camo cushion on top.
Would leave it out in the woods all year long, always there come opening day.
As i got older, boys would make sure I had a much better chair to sit in, but the old bucket was still a good choice.

BarryBobPosthole
02-28-2022, 05:00 PM
Is there a secret to getting them unstuck from one another? I swear they’ll find me some day with a grimace on my face tryingto pry two of those bastages apart.

bKB

Bwana
02-28-2022, 06:25 PM
Drill a hole in the bottom to release the vacuum. :-)

Thumper
02-28-2022, 06:47 PM
Drill a hole in the bottom to release the vacuum. :-)

Then he couldn’t use it as a minner bucket. ;)

quercus alba
02-28-2022, 07:13 PM
Is there a secret to getting them unstuck from one another? I swear they’ll find me some day with a grimace on my face tryingto pry two of those bastages apart.

bKB

If you figure that one out you need to market it and become a redneck legend

chadwimc1
02-28-2022, 09:44 PM

bKB

I use those thin wooden shims for setting doors and windows. Stick one one the edge of the lower bucket. Just keep stacking them up until you run out of shims or buckets. You're welcome.

chadwimc1
02-28-2022, 09:45 PM
Then he couldn’t use it as a minner bucket. ;)

Or a potty/toilet...