PDA

View Full Version : Wow!

Thumper
03-09-2022, 01:39 PM
I just grabbed a ticket with Delta Airlines from Tampa to Minneapolis/St. Paul for 5000 frequent flyer points! It's not advertised as a special or any sort of promotion and I even searched numerous other days/weeks, etc. to compare. It seems to be a "normal" price ... unless it's some sort of f-up or glitch they haven't caught yet. Heck, it takes more than that to fly from here to their hub in Atlanta. Oh well, I ain't complaining, it's a non-stop flight even!

Note: I'll already be there and she's flying up later to meet me. As a double score, we called our best friends (the Subway folks) to see if they could give her a ride to the Tampa Airport the day of her flight and they said they'd not only be happy to, but they even paid for a room at the Airport Marriott so she can spend the night, then simply walk to her gate the next morning. Of course, they're also taking her out to a nice restaurant for dinner before taking her to the hotel. How's that for great friends? :thumbsup

BarryBobPosthole
03-09-2022, 02:10 PM
Well, it is flying from Tampa to the Twin Cities. In winter. They’d prolly give you 5000 ff miles just to get the empty plane back up there.

bkb

Hombre
03-09-2022, 02:23 PM
Because you're going to Minneapolis..... Heck if you were just looking for cheap airfare you should have looked into Detroit

BarryBobPosthole
03-09-2022, 02:29 PM
Newark sounds nice this time of year. Kind of like Beruit without the charm.
BKB

Thumper
03-09-2022, 03:29 PM
Youse dufes. The trip is actually in September. I have an appointment at the Winnebago factory in Forest City (Iowa) and will drive up by myself, then spend 2-3 days there (they have hook-ups on the lot), so I’ll be in the camper at night. My brother and SIL will drive out from Lake Tahoe where they’ll be camping. We’ll hook up in Forest City, then head up to Minneapolis to pick Lynn up. From there we’ll head up to Lake Itaska to spend a couple days (and will WALK across the Mississippi River at it’s head), then we’re going to follow the river (all river roads, with a bazillion stops along the way) all the way to New Orleans. After a few days in NOLA, we’ll head to Houston to visit my sis/BIL for (don’t know how long). They have a large house in Houston, two beach front condos in S. Padre Island AND a large ranch north of Houston. Then my brother will head back to California and we’ll head back to Florida sometime toward the end of October.

airbud7
03-09-2022, 03:54 PM
Now that's how you do it Thump!!! Sounds like a lot of fun!

Big Skyz
03-09-2022, 04:04 PM
WOW is right, my airfare to Miami wasn't anywhere near that it price. In fact, if the fuel prices and inflation doesn't get back in check soon, this might be my last major trip for a while. I see the FOOL in charge of the nation is blaming Putin for the high gas prices now. Never-mind that they have been climbing since the first day that mumbling derelict took office. I really dislike that guy!

quercus alba
03-09-2022, 05:00 PM
I think you meant Bumbling derelict Sky.

Let's see, gas prices are Trumps fault, no Big Oil's fault, No Putins fault
The Ukrainian refugees are being treated better than the border refugees
The Ukraine invasion is a big thing only because they're primarily white and christian ie; racist
Climate change and pro transgender sport legislation the most important issue of the day
John Kerry says the Ukrainian humanitarian crisis pales in comparison to "Climate refugees"
911 is being compared to climate change ......have I missed anything?

I don't care who's at fault or if no one is at fault, they're all a bunch of dead weight on the country

Big Skyz
03-10-2022, 10:11 AM
Bumbling and mumbling. I can't listen to him. I have to read it in the news the next day anytime he speaks, because listening to him live makes me completely crazy.

LJ3
03-10-2022, 05:28 PM
Newark sounds nice this time of year. Kind of like Beruit without the charm.
BKB

Bwana
03-11-2022, 10:03 AM
Sounds like a grand adventure Kribbs, enjoy yourselves!

P.S. - I suggest you bring LOTS of mosquito spray with you.

Thumper
03-11-2022, 11:29 AM
Ha! Bwana, I was born and raised …. and spent most of my life in Florida. I’ve built up an immunity to skeeters. Either that, or I smell so bad they avoid me. ;)

Bwana
03-11-2022, 04:50 PM
Hope you are Thumper as the mosquito is the Minnesota state bird.

Thumper
03-11-2022, 06:18 PM
Yep, I do keep it with us anyway. I thought the skeeters couldn’t be worse up north, but those big helicopters about ate me alive when bear hunting in NORTHERN Canada. Those were the days I’d hear the Yankees complaining about the skeeters, so I assumed they were just a Southern thing.

BTW, our state bird is the Construction Crane. :(