PDA

View Full Version : I think somebody f’d up!

Thumper
03-18-2022, 12:24 PM
We were heading home in the motorhome yesterday and I passed a convenience store that is part of a major chain. When I spotted the sign for diesel at $4.25/gal, I did a double-take. The LOWEST in the area is $4.99 and some are as high as $5.65. Even though I’d very recently topped off, I couldn’t resist checking it out. I figured the posted price was a mistake. I pulled a U-turn and headed back, pulled up to the pump and yep, it was $4.25! Even though I’d very recently filled up at $4.99, i couldn’t resist topping off and squeezed every ounce I could into my tank. It took a whopping 4 gallons. (Story of my frigging life, my tank holds 26.5 gals) [emoji30]

Anyway, I took a pic of the sign before leaving. The diesel price is the same as the gas price. I’m sure some dimwit, who demands a $15.00/hr. minimum wage, probably cost the company quite a bit of money yesterday. I checked the price today and it matches everybody else in town at $4.99.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220318/86b9fc40deb79a1b2a1e988ec66ddb97.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Penguin
03-19-2022, 08:00 AM
Yep that is rare... But it might just be an honest business?

Around here you don't get gas shipments but once a week or so. So the price only rises when a new and higher cost batch arrives in some of the small gas stations. In what passes for a bigger town around here they raise prices whenever they can.

It's a touch over $4 per gallon now. You reckon it will go much higher? Crude is still pretty high.

I had to get out my 4wd to pick up a load of composted chicken manure on Friday. I wish it got the 30 mpg that the Malibu does. On the plus side there was a group of men standing around Betsy when I came out of Rural King. They were full of compliments about how nice the truck looked and one wanted to buy it.

Will