PDA

View Full Version : Kribbs

Big Skyz
03-24-2022, 09:34 AM
I just have to tell you my first trip to Florida was successful beyond anything I could have imagined. The fishing was completely off the charts. My arm hurt for 3 or 4 days after getting home from catching so many fish. My wife and I both thought it was an absolutely beautiful state and the Everglades are beyond awesome. With that said I could never live in Florida as there are just too darn many people, but it sure is a fun place to visit and I hope to do it again and again!

Peacock Bass on the fly.
https://i.ibb.co/R7sxbBR/Florida-3-18-22-H.jpg

One happy couple. Celebrated out 36th anniversary while in Florida.
https://i.ibb.co/92YhQB7/Florida-3-18-22-J.jpg

Thumper
03-24-2022, 09:42 AM
Wow! That’s awesome! One thing to note, in Florida, the farther South you go, the heavier the population gets. Also, the farther South you go, the “bluer” it gets and that goes hand in hand with the number of transplanted Yankees moving away from the cold. I’m glad the fishing was good while you were here! Looks like you nailed it on your guide search. Wish I could have helped, but it’s pretty much out of my wheelhouse. I don’t really fish, I just drown worms! ;)

quercus alba
03-24-2022, 10:13 AM
Wow! That’s awesome! One thing to note, in Florida, the farther South you go, the heavier the population gets.

You’re saying southerners are fatter? I can live with that

Bwana
03-24-2022, 10:14 AM
Looks like a great time Big Sky and Happy Anniversary to you and your lovely wife! Tell her "Hi" from us.

Thumper
03-24-2022, 10:28 AM
You’re saying southerners are fatter? I can live with that

Ha! I knew as soon as I proofread that post that somebody was going to comment on that. I know I sure would have if someone else had posted that.

Congrats, you’re an official Good Hunting smart ass! :)

Big Skyz
03-24-2022, 10:32 AM
QA is one point today. We went to Hollywood Beach and only lasted about 20 minutes. It wasn't anything like Hawaii where it looks like every other person could be a model for the cover of a swimwear magazine. Instead it looked more like a manatee swimsuit convention. I will say this however, the Weston area is some of the prettiest landscaping and neighborhoods/businesses I've ever seen despite some hefty individuals wondering around.

Thumper
03-24-2022, 10:32 AM
Oh yeah B/S, I meant to mention the anniversary and forgot. Lynn and I are also on number 36, our 37th will be June 14th this year. Congrats to both of you!

Big Skyz
03-24-2022, 10:41 AM
That's great Jim! Congrats to you both.