PDA

View Full Version : This place is slow so lets do a poll!

Hombre
03-28-2022, 02:18 PM
I have never watched the Oscars, but, by now everyone's seen the Will Smith slap of Chris rock.

Poll Question who should be more embarrassed

1) Will Smith for cheap shotting a 160 man and leaving him on his feat?

2) Chris Rock for getting slapped on national TV and doing absolutely nothing about it

3) It was fake to raise ratings

Chicken Dinner
03-28-2022, 03:45 PM
I’ve gotta go with Will Smith for being a dumbass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hombre
03-28-2022, 04:09 PM
Can't argue that point CD. Assault on national TV doesn't seem like a wise move.

quercus alba
03-28-2022, 04:25 PM
Not on the list but should have been:

4) If kevin Costner had slapped him there would be cities burning all over the country

Thumper
03-28-2022, 05:49 PM
The big question I have is, why hasn’t Will Smith been arrested? If ANY of us had done that, we’d have been in cuffs immediately and hauled off to jail. He simply walked back into the audience and took his seat. There sure wouldn’t be a problem proving the assault, it was professionally recorded, no fuzzy gas station video! I don’t know if it was fake or not, but I don’t know what the point would be. It wouldn’t raise the (in the toilet) ratings, because nobody knew about it until after it happened. If they’d announced ahead of time there was going to be a major incident, maybe people would have watched out of curiosity. I think it’s just a typical Hollywood double standard. What’cha think would have happened if it’d been a random audience member wearing a MAGA hat?

airbud7
03-29-2022, 09:26 AM
The big question I have is, why hasn’t Will Smith been arrested? If ANY of us had done that, we’d have been in cuffs immediately and hauled off to jail. He simply walked back into the audience and took his seat. There sure wouldn’t be a problem proving the assault, it was professionally recorded, no fuzzy gas station video! I don’t know if it was fake or not, but I don’t know what the point would be. It wouldn’t raise the (in the toilet) ratings, because nobody knew about it until after it happened. If they’d announced ahead of time there was going to be a major incident, maybe people would have watched out of curiosity. I think it’s just a typical Hollywood double standard. What’cha think would have happened if it’d been a random audience member wearing a MAGA hat?

You smart Thumper!.... was going to type that but you saved me the time, Thanks.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/CookedAnimatedDarwinsfox-size_restricted.gif

imagine this slap^ on Chris Rock!

LJ3
03-29-2022, 09:29 AM

Chris Rock declined pressing charges. Cops were ready to go.

airbud7
03-29-2022, 09:43 AM
Chris Rock declined pressing charges. Cops were ready to go.

I thought they defunded the police over there?/ no 911 service over there?

quercus alba
03-29-2022, 10:52 AM
Probably would have set a rating record if they would schedule a mass bitch slapping next year. If he wants men to keep their mouth off his wife maybe he might want to rethink this open marriage thing

Penguin
03-29-2022, 04:28 PM
An embarrassing moment huh? For all of us. :o

I really thought about this yesterday on the drive home. What would I have done in Rock's place. Gotta admit he handled it well. But I have always been a bit squeamish about Don Tickles style insulting humor. Maybe I'm a prude but I wouldn't have made the joke he did.

In the end I think I would have reacted differently at different ages. In my 20's? The reaction (based on past history) would have been an instant retaliation. I'd have decked him. Now? Being in front of a live tv audience? In a formal setting? With something to lose by losing it? Honestly I'd probably be shocked into inaction. The situation would have been so mind blowing I don't think I'd compute it till he started yelling.

Then I'd have tried to tackle him lol. Then I'd have left the place in embarrassment.

Will

LJ3
03-29-2022, 04:43 PM
I'm split right down the middle. Sometimes I'd go violent, sometimes not.

If I were in a setting where someone insulted my girl, I'd make sure an apology was offered but I wouldn't resort to violence.

This wasn't that, though. Professional comedians, all the stars gathered, buckle up buttercup. Will Smith done messed up.

One thing I've learned over the years is that nobody is just one thing. Will's not just a violent person, he's other things too. And while it's hard to feel for someone who lives life with such riches, I bet we'd all gain some insight if we were in his shoes.

I have a smart ass mouth and attitude like Chris Rock, spoiler alert :D I know I'm not everyone's cup of tea and it has cost me before. Chris isn't just one thing either.

The whole thing has been interesting to consider.

quercus alba
03-29-2022, 05:03 PM
If I sucker punched a 160 lb man and he didn’t even move his feet I’d just stay in my seat and laugh about it

Penguin
03-30-2022, 08:54 AM
Those are good points Len. People are more than just their worst moments. Both of these guys have work in their resumes that I have enjoyed. But without actually knowing either personally I, like you, have to reserve just a little judgment.

It was a bad scene but it was just that, a bad scene. No one was permanently injured aside from pride and reputation. Although, as I've admitted, my reaction to the same situation wouldn't have won me any medals either for bravery or for restraint, I still don't know exactly how I feel about this. Was it a justifiable reaction to a (perceived) insult to Will Smith's wife? Or was it just another, regrettable, symptom of the coarsening of our society? I really don't know.

What I do know is that I am glad that I made it thru all of the crazy fights and confrontations that I had as a young man. In spite of my rowdy ways, I always had a little voice in my head that would warn me when real danger to life and limb was around. In all of the bar room brawls and confrontations that I had, the little voice failed to show up only two times. In one case I was lucky to not get killed or, worse. I was fortunate on that occasion or my life could have turned out much differently.

Unfortunately that little voice that worked so well for danger was always very undependable when it came to stupid. :)

Will

airbud7
03-30-2022, 09:24 AM
https://c.tenor.com/_hSYUbTdT9sAAAAd/drunk-george-george-jones.gif

jb
03-30-2022, 12:18 PM
Do I RGAS, no !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Arty
03-30-2022, 08:15 PM
I have never watched the Oscars, but, by now everyone's seen the Will Smith slap of Chris rock.

Poll Question who should be more embarrassed

1) Will Smith for cheap shotting a 160 man and leaving him on his feat?

2) Chris Rock for getting slapped on national TV and doing absolutely nothing about it

3) It was fake to raise ratings

Fake as shit

airbud7
03-31-2022, 10:33 AM

quercus alba
03-31-2022, 11:42 AM
I realize that I'm a little slow about embracing the woke concept but can someone help me understand how the outrage of this is being caused by "white supremacy" as being reported by some of the more liberal media?