PDA

View Full Version : A little history and an update..

HideHunter
03-31-2022, 11:51 AM
I think the whole thing started with a thread asking if any of you fooled with air guns. Got around to me saying I was looking for an old Sheridan, Benjamin. etc. pump up. Bill Conine said he had a Crossman 1400 with the seals out of it - but wasn't looking to part with it. We left it - "if you ever decide to get rid of it - let me know."

After Bill passed, I used the boot strings from a pair of Brownings he had sent me to make a handle for a mushroom stick.

Sometime later one of you sent a note that Bill's wife was trying to contact me. Bill had asked that she send me rifle. In our correspondence I sent her a picture of the stick and asked if any of the family would like to have it. I ended up with the rifle.. she ended up with the stick.. Getting new seals in it turned into quite a project - but my son worked with a couple guys online to get it done. Shoots like a "house afire". ;)

This is a cool place.. ;)

quercus alba
03-31-2022, 11:58 AM
Good looking gun. What's the FPS on it?

I've always been a Benjamin man myself but the last one I bought has been impossible to sight in. I've adjusted the sights as much as possible and it still shoots a foot high. Perplexing problem.

HideHunter
03-31-2022, 12:04 PM
can't tell you fps.. It's a .22. Research found they are pretty well thought of. This one actually shoots a bit high also.. but seems to shoot a good group.. I'll fool with it more this summer..

Thumper
03-31-2022, 12:05 PM
Easy solution Q/A ... just aim a foot low! ;)

That's super cool HH. I sure miss ol' Bill ... he was a heck of a guy and I was lucky enough to visit quite a few times with him and Di. Nice job on getting those repairs accomplished.

jb
03-31-2022, 03:02 PM
This site is 25 years old this year, (1997-2022) Not bad for a bunch of misfits, reprobates, and curmudgeons.
Over these years we've lost some mighty good guys, while others have just left.
The thing about this place is things shared and cherished that have great memories like that old Benjamin Pump.
Two days ago I was cleaning out the floor joist space to run a gas line for our new gas fireplace.
Found an old Winchester Model 94 box that had this old BB gun in it.
We build this house 38 years ago and I remember the Winchester but for the life of me have no idea where this old Crossman BB gun came from.
Did a little research and found they only made this model for 3 years (1960-63) It's a Crossman V-350 Slide Action BB gun.
You cock it by pushing the barrel down into the receiver, feed the BB through a small hole in the top of the receiver, no safety.
Still works, with decent air pressure, Grand kids will have fun with it.
https://i.imgur.com/CXaMR00.jpg

HideHunter
04-05-2022, 10:17 AM
I had one of those JB.. you would have to measure the bbs I shot through it in pounds. If you have any interest in parting with it - let me know..

Thumper
04-05-2022, 10:25 AM
Look out Bubba, your time is now limited as HH has officially put the hex on you. You may as well attach a note to that little peashooter for Kay to send it to HideHunter when you go! :hair

jb
04-05-2022, 07:59 PM
HH it's yours, my grand kids already have there own, not sure I'd like them to have it because of the fact it has no safety.
My days of pheasant hunting in Iowa are done, otherwise I'd drop it off, I've been all over your beautiful state, from Elkader hunt with Cliff Caven in the east to Storm Lake in the west, Oskalossa,in the south. Many a great memory of the birds, dogs, and people. My wifes Great Grand Parents farmed in Clermont , didn't know that until I quit going to Iowa, I guess her Great Uncle has his statute in front of the Courthouse there.
Don't know if we have a place for private messages where you can send me your address, I don't think this falls under any firearm laws as far as shipping.
I remember sending you some black squirrel tails years ago, but don't think I saved your address, I'll have to look.

Arty
04-06-2022, 06:19 AM
Very cool HH!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thumper
04-06-2022, 07:03 AM
JB, if you want to send Mr. Hidey-Ho a private message, click on his moniker. (HideHunter)

I’ve shipped quite a few long guns via USPS and, unless something has changed, there was no problem. Handguns are a whole different animal. I seriously doubt an air gun/bb gun would be an issue at all.

HideHunter
04-14-2022, 09:43 AM
Look out Bubba, your time is now limited as HH has officially put the hex on you. You may as well attach a note to that little peashooter for Kay to send it to HideHunter when you go! :hair

:D :(.. lol... Great point.. :D

JB - sent you a message..