PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here have experience with CDB's?

Thumper
04-03-2022, 09:38 AM
Early yesterday morning, my right hand started hurting and as the day progressed, it got worse and worse until it was almost totally debilitating. I couldn't even pick anything up without dropping it. It was a pain I'd never really experienced before and I really didn't know what to think of it, but it reminded me of my mom who had arthritis and sometimes had the same general symptoms. The odd part is, I had not strained or injured my hand in any way that I'm aware of. I remember once having pain in my elbow and my VA doctor prescribed some arthritis pain med which seemed to take care of it at the time, so I washed one down and waited ... and waited ... and waited. Zip, nada, nuttin'! The pain continued and got so bad at one point, I told Lynn she may need to take me to the ER for some sort of relief. Note: I'm no wimp when it comes to pain and am extremely tolerant when it comes to things like this, but it got to the point I couldn't stand it.

It was then, Lynn remembered that while we were visiting my son for Christmas, she had a bout of pain from her sciatica. One of my son's friends had suffered a bad back injury and was taking some sort of edible CDB for her pain. She gave a couple of these candy looking things to Lynn and told her to try them. Lynn was skeptical and just slipped them into her purse, then took her prescribed meds for the sciatica pain, but they make her goofy as hell and she hates to take them. She dug the cdb thingies out yesterday and I decided to take 1/4 of the "dose" just to see if anything happened. She'd told Lynn it would take about 15 minutes to take affect. I watched the clock and I swear, it was EXACTLY 15 minutes later, when I started feeling the pain subside. Within the hour I couldn't feel any pain at all and was completely back to normal after suffering for the past 9-10 hours. Today, still no problem. TBH, I have absolutely no clue what the problem was and am simply guessing arthritis of some sort. I'm also assuming the relief I got yesterday was no coincidence and was a direct result of that CDB product I took. My problem is, I know absolutely ZILCH about this stuff. I'll admit, I'm an old hippie era pot smoker, but I always figured this "medicinal" stuff was some sort of b/s. Right now, I'm a firm believer, but all of my medical issues are handled through the VA and they don't touch this stuff. Maybe someday in the future, but nothing yet (I asked).

I suppose I could start researching on the internet and educate myself, but I'm wondering if anyone here might have experience with this stuff? I will also need to contact my son and see if he can get some info from his friend on what exactly this stuff was. I mean, I assume there are different strengths available. And is it a "one" product does all? Or are there specific CDB's for specific ailments? A green one for headaches, a red one for joint pain, a yellow one for back pain, etc, etc. You get the picture. I'm really interested as I was hurting so much yesterday, I look at the results as a small miracle. I might add, I had absolutely zero side affects and other than the pain going away, I'd have never known I'd taken anything. If you can't tell by now, I'm in awe with the results I experienced.

DeputyDog
04-03-2022, 12:40 PM
My father-in-law used a CBD balm for his arthritis in his hands and it worked really well for him. He ordered it through Lazarus Naturals. They gave him a discount by providing a copy of his VA card.
If I remember correctly, they had the gummies along with the balms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thumper
04-03-2022, 02:56 PM
I have no clue about any of that stuff. She gave Lynn three of the things. Just going by what they look like, I guess they must be gummies. (?) The gal would eat a whole one, but I took one and cut it up in quarters and took one of them. I’m a big dude at 295lbs, so had my doubts it would be enough to accomplish anything, but I’ll be danged if it didn’t totally take the pain away. The odd part is, that’s ALL it did, just took the pain away and nothing else. It’s definitely grabbed my interest. Here’s a pic two whole ones.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220403/870de1495af13e3251b663e283426ba2.jpg

Thumper
04-04-2022, 07:14 AM
Oh Deppity, I forgot to ask, you mentioned your FIL, did he have a particular Rx for the stuff he ordered? Do you even need a Rx for this stuff? I feel like a bit of a dumbass not knowing squat about this stuff. ALL my doctors are VA doctors, so I don’t even know a private doctor. If a Rx is required, how do you know which doctors deal with these “meds”? I guess I need to do some internet research. I’m guilty of “if it doesn’t affect me personally, I pay no attention to it” syndrome, so I’m way behind on any knowledge that’s available out there, but after my experience the other day, I’m highly interested. I’ve had severe back pain for 13 years now. The first few years, I was on both morphine and Percocet, pretty heavy doses actually. With the big opiate abuse issues, doctors are now afraid to even touch the stuff and it’s near impossible to get those meds. Whenever we have a trip coming up (long flight or cruise, etc), I always call my doc for some decent meds so the pain doesn’t ruin my trip. I’m always told the same thing, “Take Tylenol”!

This CDB stuff could possibly be a game changer for me, but I don’t want to be getting the stuff from some sketchy dude in a back alley somewhere.

DeputyDog
04-04-2022, 07:36 AM
No prescription needed. Just ordered on their website.

Thumper
04-04-2022, 05:03 PM
We went and donated blood today, then stopped by a local CBD shop for an education. Learned quite a bit today. (and picked up a few samples)

Chicken Dinner
04-04-2022, 06:19 PM
I guess I’m just old school and smoke it…

DeputyDog
04-04-2022, 07:23 PM
The nice thing about the CBD over being old school is that the CBD won’t mess up a drug test.

airbud7
04-05-2022, 05:43 PM
Check this out Thump...

https://k4vz.uk.com/laimaiba/Smilz%20CBD%20Gummies.html

BarryBobPosthole
04-05-2022, 07:25 PM
Both Julie and I tried CDB gummies to try to help with anxiety. We both gave it couple of weeks of daily cdb gummies. Neither of us noticed a bit of difference. Julie said she thought she felt a bit of a ‘body stoned’ feeling but it could have just been fatigue.

Personally I think the retail market for cdb is way oversold. It probably works like it has for some people with seizures, but I thinkthe real uses for it are probably pretty narrow.

Weed, on the other hand….
for another day.

BKB