PDA

View Full Version : Man, this is sad ....

Thumper
04-08-2022, 09:45 PM
I was just clearing out some old emails and ran across quite a bit of correspondence with ol' TW (Whiskey Jack, Terry Whitney, TeeDub, take your pick). I have to admit, we had some funny exchanges, usually late at night. But as I read on, I could see the mood changing. Then in August of 2012, he let me know he'd been diagnosed with cancer. We had regular exchanges through his different diagnosis (not sure what the plural of that is) and various treatments (he started treatments in September). It was a sad, sad read as I could see him deteriorating in front of my eyes throughout the emails. This went on for a full year, up until exactly one year later (August 2013) when it was almost impossible to read his messages. It almost looked like a foreign language. He even forgot how to access this site, although I had no problem getting in by using the user name and password he provided me. It was very obvious his mind was going (the cancer had spread to his brain). I've searched, but cannot find ANY more correspondence from him after 8/28/2013 (his last "update" post here was 5/29/13). I don't really remember when he passed exactly, so I went to the "Gone, but not forgotten" page on this site. This is what I get:

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access this resource.
Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an Error Document to handle the request.

I've tried to find his obit on-line, but have been unsuccessful. I'd like to find it in order to rebuild the post, on the "Gone" page, out of respect for one of the all-time greats from this group. Any help would be appreciated.

Miss ya' buddy ... :(