PDA

View Full Version : For all you retirees ....

Thumper
04-11-2022, 08:33 AM
... come on down and I'll buy ya' a beer. Gonna be on Hilton Head Island (S. Carolina) for the week.

For you working stiffs? Sucks to be you! :laughing

DeputyDog
04-11-2022, 09:21 AM
Have fun. I can’t complain too much though since I just got back from nine days in Siesta Key although it does suck to be back to work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

quercus alba
04-11-2022, 09:43 AM
Sitting on a beach sipping a cold one surrounded by babes in bikinis doesn't even appeal to me

I don't think there's any saving me at this point :oldfart

Thumper
04-11-2022, 09:48 AM
Sitting on a beach sipping a cold one surrounded by babes in bikinis doesn't even appeal to me

I don't think there's any saving me at this point :oldfart

Do you still have a pulse? :crazy

jb
04-11-2022, 10:15 AM
Dog,
For all the years we went to FL (maybe 20) Siesta Key was our destination. We usually stayed just south of the bridge on the Gulf side. Our favorite restaurant was about a mile down the road south of the bridge, river side.
Glad you had fun.

jb
04-11-2022, 10:16 AM
Dog,
For all the years we went to FL (maybe 20) Siesta Key was our destination. We usually stayed just north of the bridge on the Gulf side. Our favorite restaurant was about a mile down the road south of the bridge, river side.
Glad you had fun.

DeputyDog
04-11-2022, 10:28 AM
We love it there too. For the past couple of years we have stayed at a little place a block off of the beach that is about a half a mile from the heart of the village. Once we get there and get our groceries, we never use the car until it’s time to leave.

Hombre
04-11-2022, 12:01 PM
Man that looks fabulous. I'm counting the days until I can join the non-working class....it can't come soon enough.

Big Skyz
04-11-2022, 12:44 PM
So a serious question for you retired types. I was in Florida a few weeks back and the high temperatures were in the mid to high 80's. I like to have melted when it hit 87. So as one evolves into an old fart do those warm temps become more appealing? I mean I can't imagine having to deal with days 90 and hotter anymore than I absolutely have to. I HATE being in temps 90 and higher!

Thumper
04-11-2022, 12:47 PM
Yet you have no problem dealing with 15 degrees, snow and ice? Youse people are the crazy ones! ;)

jb
04-11-2022, 01:26 PM
I can dress for the cold, can't take enough off to deal with the heat and humidity. Mid 80's and up is my limit, we lived w/o AC for the first 50 years of marriage, we finally installed AC about 4 years ago, it's nice but honestly a fan works just a good.

BarryBobPosthole
04-11-2022, 05:11 PM
I lived in Tampa in the ‘70’s, drove unairconditioned van to work andback every day, spent a great deal of mytime there working outdoors. i won’t kid you, its hot, but you do learn some things (mainly how to be real still) and when and how to handle theheat. And your blood certainly thins and youget somewhat used to it. I loved the climate there, but I’m a tropical kind of guy.

BKB

DeputyDog
04-11-2022, 06:30 PM
I loved the climate there, but I’m a tropical kind of guy.

BKB

You’re part Jamaican aren’t ya mon?