PDA

View Full Version : Phole, off to the races....

Big Muddy
02-26-2013, 12:51 PM
This is REALLY what ole Phole is doing. ;)

LJ3
02-26-2013, 04:45 PM
IS that gonna make the steaks tougher?

Big Muddy
02-26-2013, 06:20 PM
Hahaha....as a young'un my gramps had a herd of meat goats....he sold 'em for 35 cents a pound....and, I got 5 cents of that for doing all the slaughtering, skinning, cutting-up, and packaging.

He had one big ole Nubian breeder male that I rode like a pony....named him "Blazer"....he stood about 3 feet at the withers, and weighed about 180 pounds....no saddle, rope, or anything....I'd just lean in the direction I wanted to go.

When he walked across the pasture, the nannys would try to hide....he could nail 3 or 4 of 'em in the blink of an eye....threw some big beautiful baby goats, too.

He came up missing one day, and a friend about 5 miles up the road called, and said Blazer was terrorizing his cows....went up there, and brought him back home....a week later he got out, again, and went back to the same farmer's cows....we guessed he wanted try his breeding-prowess out on some "larger stuff" ;)

Gramps told the guy, if he got out and returned to his cows, again, to just shoot him, and call us....day'um, I didn't think I'd ever get that tough hide off ole Blazer....however, he sho 'nuf made some good bbq goat meat. ;)

This looks sorta like ole Blazer, except he had a white blaze down the middle of his face:

Buckrub
02-26-2013, 06:30 PM
And now we know where Ed got his 'training'...................

Buckrub
02-26-2013, 06:37 PM
AND...

I think you have impugned my good friend Posthole's character (If anyone does that, it needs to be me, NOT youse guise)...........because it is clear to me, after many years of knowing him, that he would never ride anything but a Guernsey or Holstein.

LJ3
02-26-2013, 08:17 PM
Doesn't matter if it's a guernsey or holstein, he overcooks all of them on the grill. I could prolly steal Julie from him by cooking her one steak.

Big Muddy
02-26-2013, 09:59 PM
And now we know where Ed got his 'training'...................

Yep, and I wish I had a nickel for every goat, pig, possum, coon, cow, chicken, deer, rabbit, squirrel, etc., etc. that I've skint in my lifetime. ;)

Buckrub
02-26-2013, 10:07 PM
I just wish I had a nickel.

Big Muddy
02-26-2013, 10:45 PM
I just wish I had a nickel.

If you did, you'd just spend it on barb wire to hold your wheelie's handle bars together. ;)

Buckrub
02-26-2013, 10:48 PM
Bailing wire woulda been a better joke.

And prolly more true.

Big Muddy
02-26-2013, 10:53 PM
We already had a discussion months ago about baling, bailing, baler, balering wire....nobody knew what it was, but everybody knew what barb wire was. ;)

Buckrub
02-26-2013, 11:05 PM
Idiots.

hotshot
02-27-2013, 12:29 AM
Baling wire: used to fix just about anything prior to the invention of duct tape. Intended use: wrap up bales of hay prior to binder twine.
Sorry I musta missed the discussion.

BarryBobPosthole
02-27-2013, 07:47 AM
Y'all are casting aspersions on me while I'm out doing honest labor. That's just.......deranged! Which is what Blazergot doneto him too.

BKB

Big Muddy
02-27-2013, 09:16 AM
Y'all are casting aspersions on me while I'm out doing honest labor. That's just.......deranged! Which is what Blazergot doneto him too.

BKB

We considered castration.....uhhhh, the goat, not you.