PDA

View Full Version : Oklahoma Cabin

Hombre
04-27-2022, 07:51 PM
Kathryn and I both an Airbnb in Oklahoma and got a chance to stay in it last week. It was one of those weeks where a TV was never turned on. The weather was incredible at around 75, and we spent a ton of time just porch sitting. Beyond that we mixed in a hike, a 26 mile UTV trail through beautiful country, a lake tour, and mixed in a few adult beverages in between.

The place is in Broken Bow, Oklahoma and some of the prettiest country Oklahoma has to offer. For the past 3 months we've been working on a deck addition and some inside updates. You can see pictures of the cabin here:

https://www.vrbo.com/2774405?adultsCount=16&fbclid=IwAR1jPClsj-X_EebTHYvTBygIDsG2b7w7GHaE6F2rOPOFrnsJtAyTwBTcQ_I&noDates=true&oc=SpY56wir4qjN3maIx8c8c&unitId=3346339&utm_campaign=earned%3Avrbo%3Asharecopylink%3AUSA&utm_content=2774405&utm_medium=social&utm_source=direct

Chicken Dinner
04-27-2022, 09:53 PM
That’s quite a back porch!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thumper
04-27-2022, 11:18 PM
Yeah, I think I could force myself to spend some time there. ;)

Penguin
04-28-2022, 06:35 AM
Kind of how I pictured Omar's [Longmire novels] log mansion. ☺

Pretty place.

Bwana
04-28-2022, 09:11 AM
What a beautiful place you have there sir!

Now if I were to ever get to Oklahoma that looks like a dandy place to stay.

DeputyDog
04-28-2022, 10:34 AM
Definitely looks like it would be a relaxing vacation stay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hombre
04-28-2022, 11:03 AM
Thanks all definitely a relaxing place!

Bwana - That's kind of how we use our Airbnbs. We want to cash flow them but at the same time we like to spend a little bit of time at them too. The worst part about spending time at them is there kind of like your normal home, you're never at them when some job doesn't need to be done.

quercus alba
04-28-2022, 12:25 PM
somebody isn't paying enough taxes, there's still a lot of student loans to be forgiven and illegal aliens to give free healthcare to

:stirthepot

Hombre
04-28-2022, 12:34 PM
You're partially right. Short Term Rental (STR) properties are technically considered commercial property. As long a you meet a few criteria you can be considered a real-estate professional. You can then have a segregation study done on the property. A typical depreciation schedule, on commercial property is 39 years, 27.5 years for residential. The segregation study allows you to break everything out that isn't nailed down to the house. So things like studs, concrete, roof all need to be depreciated over 39 years. But, things like counter tops, outside improvements, appliances, furnishing, etc...can all be taken in year 1! It roughly equates to about 30% of the house purchase price becoming a deduction on taxes.

airbud7
04-28-2022, 09:40 PM
Totally awesome Hombre!...Love it!

johnboy
04-29-2022, 06:02 PM
Wow! Nice!

BarryBobPosthole
04-29-2022, 06:23 PM
That’s real nice Boh! I’m very familiar with the Hochatown area. Beautiful country.

I noticed that longhorn skull. I supposeTexans are part of the deal.

An Okie would have put a bison skull up there.

BKB

Hombre
04-30-2022, 10:11 AM
That’s real nice Boh! I’m very familiar with the Hochatown area. Beautiful country.

I noticed that longhorn skull. I supposeTexans are part of the deal.

An Okie would have put a bison skull up there.

BKB

That's all kat inside designed. But, yes we get a lot of Texans coming up from Dallas. Whole lot of Cadillac yuppies playing country for the weekend.

BarryBobPosthole
04-30-2022, 11:10 AM
Kathryn has amazing taste. Exceptfor liquor and men, quite obviously.

BKB

Hombre
04-30-2022, 10:48 PM
Her liquor taste has improved, ,thank God it didn't go the other way. :)

BarryBobPosthole
05-01-2022, 07:22 AM
Her and Paul always had similar tastes when it cam to drinks. The last time I went trout fishing with him at the White River he bought a bottle of some kind of pink stuff that I swear tasted like alcoholic Pepto Bismol.
I sure miss that guy. Kathryn too, for that matter.

BKB

Hombre
05-01-2022, 09:50 PM
I do too. He was a great hunting and fishing partner. One time we (trav, Paul and I) went to SD pheasant hunting and walleye fishing. The day we went out walleye fishing it was a 30mph wind. Trav pored Paul a whole glass of butter scotch snaps that he drank all of. We get on land and he goes to take a leak and someone says Paul are you pissin in the wind....he replied i beleive I am...never missed a beat. He was about the most laid back easy going hunting partner a fella could have, unless you didnt get him fed on-time.

Trav
05-02-2022, 03:25 PM
That might have been as drunk as I ever saw him, I poured him a 32oz cup of schnapps. He was pissing straight into a 30mph wind, luckily he had his carhart coveralls on. I sure miss that dude, the last time I saw him was my crawfish boil last year. He sure loved himself some mudbugs.

Hombre
05-02-2022, 03:51 PM
^^BBP you'll be shocked but I mostly spent the fishing portion of this trip drinking beer in the boat, at least until they started catching fish^^