PDA

View Full Version : Say what?

Thumper
05-19-2022, 08:50 AM
I'm digging around on Amazon this morning for a small, battery operated fan for the motorhome. Reading the various descriptions of products, I many times wonder why these Chinese companies don't hire translators who have English as their PRIMARY language? It's especially irritating when receiving assembly instructions with a product that turns out to be nothing but gobbletygook! Anyway, here's a fan I was looking at this morning. The whole description was very similar, but instead of pasting the whole thing here, I figured I'd just pull out a couple of "interesting" sentences.

"With built-in hook, it’s also the campers’ good friends that they can used it for camping daytime and daynight with 3 kids of lightness."

"Superior Quality With Zero Strike! Just rest assured, there will be nearly zero strike compared with the similarities, which which are confident about with its advanced heat dissipation and cooling system."

WTF?? :huh

BarryBobPosthole
05-19-2022, 09:35 AM
You don’t sound confident with its advanced heat dissipation.

Don’t most peopleliketheir fans to dissipate coolness instead of heat?

BKB

BarryBobPosthole
05-19-2022, 09:36 AM
ps…get a vornado.

quercus alba
05-19-2022, 12:23 PM
I've got a Chinese built wife and she can dissipate and generate heat with one icy stare

Thumper
05-19-2022, 12:42 PM
ps…get a vornado.

I've got two of 'em P-hole ... one in the house and one in the motorhome. Excellent fans!

Yep, I wanted a battery operated fan for the motorhome for when we're boondocking without electrical hook-ups. I have solar as well as a generator. The Vornado runs off of 110, so without the generator, I'd be running it off my batteries through the converter .... or is that inverter? I get those two confused. Anyway, it sucks battery power. The one I ordered last night runs off of it's internal battery or USB and is re-charged via USB. The camper types on the blogs swear by this one and out of about 50 people commenting, there was not ONE negative thing said about it. (note: it's NOT the one referenced in my post above!)

A guy on the blog posted a 30% off coupon code, plus Amazon offered a 10% discount + free shipping, so I essentially got it for half price. I'm sure Sleepy Joe will be proud of me. ;)

https://www.amazon.com/Airbition-10000mAh-Rechargeable-Operated-Treadmill/dp/B09TDKPZDT/ref=sr_1_5?crid=BIGR0QOB956Q&keywords=Airbition%2B10000mAh%2B8-Inch%2BClip%2Bon%2BFan%2BRechargeable%2C%2BBattery %2BOperated%2BPowered%2BUSB%2BClamp%2BFan&qid=1652980175&sprefix=airbition%2B10000mah%2B8-inch%2Bclip%2Bon%2Bfan%2Brechargeable%2C%2Bbattery %2Boperated%2Bpowered%2Busb%2Bclamp%2Bfan%2Caps%2C 98&sr=8-5&th=1

Thumper
05-19-2022, 12:46 PM
I've got a Chinese built wife and she can dissipate and generate heat with one icy stare

I think that's a universal FEMALE thing! :hair

BarryBobPosthole
05-19-2022, 03:35 PM
I am pretty sure Vornado has some battery powered stuff too. Not sure about how good their battery usage is, but like youwe love our vorando fans went have in the house.

BKB