PDA

View Full Version : This Part of The Uvalde Story Confuses Me

BarryBobPosthole
05-27-2022, 12:04 PM
And I sure hope its not true. But it appears as if several things that local and state law enforcement initially told the public were either misleading or just bald faced lies.
I sure hope that this all comes out in the wash, but they have some splainin to do.

BKB

BarryBobPosthole
05-27-2022, 12:24 PM
And I am watching the live update from the Texas DPD Director and he just hung his incident commander out to dry.

That is going to be a problem to explain. And its going to, quite unfairly I think, probably ruinthis poor guy’s life when hos name is revealed.

This ain’t right.

BKb

DeputyDog
05-27-2022, 07:39 PM
It does t look good but I’m not sure I would go so far as to call them outright lies. The public and media was wanting information and I doubt they had all of the facts straight when they started talking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

johnboy
05-28-2022, 05:53 PM
I didn't really want to talk about this as it's just too much but there is a question that is going round my mind that I just can't shake - WHY? What is the reason that someone would think that murdering children is the thing to do? There must be a reason, right? Even insane people have a reason for the things that they do even if we would call their reason insane. So what is it? Why? I think this is the most important question we can ask about this tragedy and the one with the least chance of an answer.

BarryBobPosthole
05-29-2022, 08:48 AM
‘Why’ might be the question of the hour for me. And when someone tells me its part of some plan I’m too ignorant or small to know, it really turns my crank.

But I’m with you on that question on many fronts, John. And so far, there doesn’t seem to be an answer.

BKb

quercus alba
05-29-2022, 09:17 AM
If we knew the why then we'd be able to prevent more of it. There was a kid went to school with my boys that was crazy as a Betsy bug growing up, and was even voted as the most likely to end up in prison in high school and I agreed. He ended up being a hard working family man so you just never know

Chicken Dinner
05-29-2022, 12:04 PM
I saw a couple of interesting factoids this morning. I haven’t ground-truthed them so take them for what they’re worth. It’s being reported that the shooter was arrested at 14 for saying he was going to shoot up a school when he turned 18. Also, the sheriff told the Feds to not storm the school when they showed up. They waited 30 minutes for the sheriff to take action and then went in anydamnway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk