PDA

View Full Version : Gas prices

DeputyDog
05-31-2022, 08:15 PM
Prices jumped up 10% today. We are now at $4.89.

These prices are definitely making an impact on the lake activity around me. We had a warm sunny weekend for the holiday but the amount of lake traffic was pretty low.

However, it didn’t impact donut sales. Our local donut shop set out to set a Guinness world record for the number of fresh donuts sold in 8 hours. They actually broke the record of 1700 donuts sold in two hours and ended up selling 8558 in the 8 hours.

https://www.wpta21.com/2022/05/28/toms-donuts-angola-set-new-guinness-world-record/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hombre
05-31-2022, 10:07 PM
$175 to fill my truck yesterday. Not really changing habits at this point but definitely feel it.

Thumper
05-31-2022, 11:33 PM
My brother and I have been planning a trip in our motor homes for a year now. My original fuel (diesel) budget was $700, it’s now $2200. That’s bullshit!

airbud7
06-01-2022, 08:56 AM
I got gas...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYSiFmtlCbY

let's go Brandon

Chicken Dinner
06-01-2022, 10:25 AM
Wife’s looking for a new car and we’re definitely looking at a hybrid. However, I still can’t wrap my head around paying 10% over MSRP.

Hombre
06-01-2022, 11:28 AM
Ya my wife wants a new car right now too and I'm having a hard time with it based on pricing right now.

jb
06-01-2022, 01:17 PM
One of my vehicles uses premium, first time I've had to pay $5 /gal, well almost $4.98.9.
Today most stations around here are in the $4.89 area.
Glad we have no big travel plans scheduled, it has not affected our daily activities yet.

DeputyDog
06-01-2022, 01:41 PM
Premium is running about $5.54/gallon here. Regular is $4.89.

johnboy
06-01-2022, 02:16 PM
Regular is about $Can2.20/l here right now. Doing all the volume and $ conversion it come out to about $US6.27/US gal. You guys are catching up to us.

Hombre
06-01-2022, 02:46 PM
Johnboy - Interested on your thoughts of a total handgun ban in Canada?

quercus alba
06-01-2022, 03:16 PM
The thing about the gas prices is this has been coming on since the late sixties and it appears that in the last 50 years that alternative fuel/efficiency has not been a priority since oil was relatively plentiful and inexpensive. Add in the fact that our government and society are more worried about offending a handful of misguided gender confused extremist than serving the ones who pay the bills and you have eight bucks a gallon gasoline.

johnboy
06-01-2022, 04:31 PM
Hombre, "I came to Ottawa with the firm belief that the only people in this country who should have guns are police officers and soldiers." This is a quote from Allan Rock who served as Justice Minister in the Liberal govt of Jean Chretien from 1993-1997. They still believe this and have used every opportunity, since that time, to make it reality. They will not stop.

My beloved country is in big trouble and this is one small example.

Hombre
06-01-2022, 05:07 PM
that's a shame johnboy. It just seems extreme...I mean even our president can't say it without the Whitehouse having an oh shit moment and "clarifying" his statement.

johnboy
06-01-2022, 05:49 PM
Be glad that you have a constitutional RIGHT to bear arms. I don't.

Thumper
06-01-2022, 06:20 PM
Johnboy quote:
"I came to Ottawa with the firm belief that the only people in this country who should have guns are police officers and soldiers." (This is a quote from Allan Rock)

Johnboy, you wouldn't believe the memory your post brought back to me. Years ago, I went to Russia and did a 4000 mile road trip from Moscow, through the Urals and up into Siberia. I was with a friend I'd met here when he was visiting the U.S. to learn about the hospitality business. He loved guns, so I took him to a large gun shop in Tampa. His eyes were as big as saucers the whole time we were there and he said he couldn't believe how lucky we were (in the U.S.). He then informed me that only three groups of people had guns in Russia, the Government/police, the military and criminals.

HideHunter
06-03-2022, 11:46 AM
I mentioned I found out something I really didn't want to know the other day.. gas pump I use automatically shuts off at $125..

Friend of mine just posted on FB. 7:00 a.m. $4.39 Noon $4.49 7 p.m. $4.59...

Penguin
06-03-2022, 12:40 PM
Keeps going this way and a man will be able to get a real deal on a 4wd.... If you can afford to feed it.

BarryBobPosthole
06-03-2022, 01:26 PM
We’ve been talking about downsizing our house for years but life intervened when our daughter was diagnosed with cancer and we became caregivers full time. So now that we’re ready to sell this crazy housing market has hit. But here’s the problem: you still have to buy a new house
and the same crazy market offsets the gains we’d make. So we’re in the process of trying to figure out what to do.
Same with cars. No way I’d spend what they’re asking. I sold Ali’s car for blue book over the damn phone for chrissake.

Its a topsy turvy market for both.

BKb

BarryBobPosthole
06-03-2022, 01:26 PM
We’ve been talking about downsizing our house for years but life intervened when our daughter was diagnosed with cancer and we became caregivers full time. So now that we’re ready to sell this crazy housing market has hit. But here’s the problem: you still have to buy a new house
and the same crazy market offsets the gains we’d make. So we’re in the process of trying to figure out what to do.
Same with cars. No way I’d spend what they’re asking. I sold Ali’s car for blue book over the damn phone for chrissake.

BKb

Chicken Dinner
06-03-2022, 01:59 PM
Sell and rent for a couple of years? Of course, then you have to move twice…

quercus alba
06-03-2022, 06:05 PM
11-05-2015, 04:32 PM
Thumper

"I just filled up on Tuesday @ $1.84/gal."

Ah, the good old days

Thumper
06-03-2022, 06:17 PM
Ha! I had to read it twice before I caught the date of that post. :(

HideHunter
06-06-2022, 11:27 AM

BKb
Real estate.. Local guy here put an acreage on the market.. Had two calls the same day offering more than asking.. He's holding an auction..

quercus alba
06-06-2022, 12:54 PM
Son #2 put his house up for sale and it sold for 50K more than he was asking in less than 24 hours

BarryBobPosthole
06-06-2022, 01:09 PM
Yep its a hot market. And just as hot when you buy something else to live in.

BKb

DeputyDog
06-06-2022, 04:02 PM
We just jumped up to $5.25 a gallon for regular gas.

Glad my wife is done with school next week. The 200 mile a week commute is expensive.

Getting to the point people are going to have to choose between driving and eating.

quercus alba
06-06-2022, 07:34 PM
And our president invoked the Defense Production Act to expand clean energy production today. I looked for gas to be 69 cents a gallon before long.

BarryBobPosthole
06-06-2022, 08:38 PM
And this affects gas prices exactly how?

BKB