PDA

View Full Version : This started out as a joke, but ....

Thumper
06-10-2022, 02:01 PM
... maybe I'm on to something here! I was digging around in my storage shed a couple weeks ago and ran across an old medical bedside commode thingy I bought for a couple bucks at a thrift store MANY years ago. Back when I did a lot of primitive tent camping, I'd take the folding commode with me, dig a hole in the woods, place the commode over the hole (I'd remove the bucket), put a roll of TP in a coffee can w/lid within reach, hang a tarp around the commode for privacy and it worked like a charm. I'd leave my little military surplus entrenching tool there to throw a thin layer of dirt in the hole to cover the crap pile, then refill the hole when we'd leave. It worked like a charm and during hunting season at a State Park primitive camping area, I've actually had other campers ask if they could use my crapper (usually requested for one of the wives).

Anyway, I saw a "joke" on FaceBook with a picture of one with a sign on it that read: Fishing chair with built-in bait bucket! Heck, I thought, even though it was posted as a joke, maybe it's not such a bad idea. I suppose it could hold minnows or worms, depending on what you are using (but not sure how well it would do with crickets. Heck, I suppose you could even mount a rod-holder on the thing! ;)

I've seen bazillions of these things at Goodwill or similar thrift stores and they are dirt cheap.