PDA

View Full Version : Food Recommendation

Hombre
06-28-2022, 09:25 AM
Anytime I find myself in Chicago I have a hard time not hitting up Erie Street Cafe. The food is fantastic and their signature dish is prime rib, so it's hard to go wrong. But, beyond that I love the vibe of the place. It sits at the end of a dead end road, that dead-ends into a park overlooking the Chicago river. The patrons of Eric Cafe have co-op'd the park as extra seating and Erie sends servers out. Outside on a nice summer day its like watching a goodfellas movie, guys with their no sock loafers and more gold than anyone should wear. If you get a chance I would highly recommend it.

Chicken Dinner
06-28-2022, 09:28 AM
Sounds like my kind of place!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BarryBobPosthole
06-28-2022, 09:35 AM
Chicago is a mecca for awesome food. I’ve always said I’d weigh 400 lbs if I lived there. The Black Ram was always my go-to steak place but they’ve closed now. It was much like you described with a lot of expensive italian suits hanging out there.

BKB

Trav
06-28-2022, 10:38 AM
Bruton, save that picture to you phone for a point of reference on how a steak is supposed to be cooked.

BarryBobPosthole
06-28-2022, 10:51 AM
That one prolly could’ve been saved with a competent vet.

BKB

Penguin
06-28-2022, 11:31 AM
Uncle Bub's was the favorite of my wife and I. We had our first date their and had our anniversary dinners each year after while living there. We still do bbq for anniversary. 😊