PDA

View Full Version : Well, we're officially in the red ...

Thumper
07-02-2022, 01:16 PM
... and on the brink of bankruptcy here.

After Larke passed away, I worked hard with his lovely widow (Cheryl) and his son David (better known as Hammerhead) to get all the site obligations transferred to my personal credit card as they were cancelling the card Larke had set up to pay any charges from this site. I received a bill today from Go-Daddy for the Webhosting renewal at $143.88 (it was automatically charged to my C/C). I called Go-Daddy for a clarification of all charges and they confirmed the $148.88 for the webhosting and said the charges for the domain renewals (.info @ $57.98 & .com @ $39.88) will be processed tomorrow. (Total: $97.96)

I was also informed we have a basic security package (I assume it was put in place after that Russian hack job we had a few years ago?) that will expire on 3/10/23 to the tune of 2-years @ $35.26. It will NOT auto-renew, so it has to be re-established before the 3/10 expiration date, so we have time if we need it.

The balance in our massive Good Hunting Treasury now stands at $140.50, so we're a bit short. Sorry, I misunderstood what charges were pending earlier as I thought the webhosting was all we had coming up. All rates have increased slightly from last year's figures also, but nothing significant.

Here are the book figures:

$140.50 - (balance on the books)

$143.88 - (annual Go-Daddy webhosting)
$57.98 - (.info domain)
$39.98 - (.com domain)

G/H Treasury balance: $140.50
Total charges: $241.84
Total balance in the red as of 7/3/2022: $101.34

As stated, we'll remain up and running as I'm paying the bills on time, but we need a bit of help to get out of the red and back into the black. Any and all donations to keep this place up and running for our 3-1/2 or so active members will be much appreciated .... 'cause I'm broke. :crybaby

BarryBobPosthole
07-02-2022, 07:28 PM
I’ll hit ya with a little sumpin sumpin, Jimbo. Look for it on your paypal accout.

Chicken Dinner
07-03-2022, 09:31 PM
Do you do Venmo or Zelle? If so, message me the details. If not, I’ll scrounge around and see if my PayPal still works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thumper
07-03-2022, 10:06 PM
Do you do Venmo or Zelle? If so, message me the details. If not, I’ll scrounge around and see if my PayPal still works

No clue what those are. I’m a dinosaur. I have PayPal and Cash App. if that helps.

Thumper
07-04-2022, 09:04 AM
Do you do Venmo or Zelle? If so, message me the details. If not, I’ll scrounge around and see if my PayPal still works.

Well, I looked into it and it appears my bank (Chase) offers Zelle for transactions, so I signed up. I assume all you need is my cell number? (that's the option I chose on the sign-up page)

Chicken Dinner
07-04-2022, 10:51 AM
Yep, that’s all you need. I figured an eBay entrepreneur like yourself would be up on the most current payment methods. I just resurrected my PayPal account and sent you a donation before checking on here. Let me know if you get it as I don’t have access to the email that’s connected to it any more.

(Cue Ticboy to come on here right about now and tell us PayPal is almost as dead as bulletin board sites.)

Thumper
07-04-2022, 11:11 AM
Yessir, it came through. Thanks! Yeah, PayPal is still the most used option on eBay since eBay actually purchased PayPal 20 years ago. They started distancing themselves from PayPal a few years back and slowly began handling the payment system within eBay itself. Then they sold off the PayPal business but 99.9% of anyone I've dealt with still have PayPal accounts. I'm slow to catch up with current technology. Heck, I have no frigging clue what a danged bitcoin is. :huh

Chicken Dinner
07-04-2022, 11:23 AM
[emoji482]

Penguin
07-04-2022, 12:28 PM
I think I've still got your info from the last time we spoke Jim. I'll be in touch.

Thumper
07-05-2022, 11:04 AM
Well, as usual at times like this, you guys are phenomenal! The call went out and the response was immediate and we're back in the black. I received the final bill from Go-Daddy and I don't really know why, but it was actually lower than they originally quoted, so it helped a bit.

I don't have a final tally on the G/H slush fund as donations are still trickling in, but once I have a final figure, I'll immediately post it here for the sake of financial openness as promised when I took on this gig.

Barring any surprises, we're good for another year here and the only charge upcoming (that I'm aware of) is a payment for our security package coming up for renewal in March of next year.

Again, you guys can pat yourselves on the back (you know who you are) for helping keep this place afloat. Due to member attrition, our little fund-raising drives aren't quite as lucrative as in the past, so we may not have the surplus for things such as funeral wreaths, etc. without a special fund drive, but we'll just have to cross that bridge when we get there (hopefully we won't have to).

Thanks again guys.

$140.50 - balance on the books (to be adjusted once pending donations are received)

$143.88 - (annual Go-Daddy webhosting)
$29.17 - (.info domain)
$20.17 - (.com domain)

G/H Treasury balance: $140.50
Total charges: $193.22
Total balance in the red: $57.72 (will be adjusted accordingly)

LJ3
07-06-2022, 04:50 PM
ITs about time for Jimbos story on only using banks you can walk in to where everyone knows his name, just like Norm and Cheers :D

Believe it or not, I'd kick a few bucks if needed.