PDA

View Full Version : Big 10 Still Can’t Count

Chicken Dinner
07-05-2022, 01:51 PM
Have I mentioned how much I hate all this conference realignment BS? Sigh.

Maybe the ACC and what’s left of the Big 12 should join up. Sounds like it’s either eat or get eaten…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

quercus alba
07-05-2022, 03:52 PM
SEC will probably annex Clempson, North Carolina, the Canes and the Semenholes

Penguin
07-06-2022, 07:06 AM
I hate it too. CFB was best as a regional sport. WVU vs Pitt, Wisconsin vs Minnesota. That kind of thing.

I think maybe CFB is doing the same thing NASCAR did 20 years ago: committing suicide by going after tv revenue. It's turning into pro football. I gotta be honest, if I'm going to watch pro football it's gonna be the Raiders.

It's my favorite sport.... I don't know for how long.

Chicken Dinner
07-06-2022, 09:40 AM
SEC will probably annex Clempson, North Carolina, the Canes and the Semenholes

It wouldn’t surprise me. However, they may want to look at how that’s worked out for Maryland. More money, sure. But, continued irrelevance in football and a downhill slide in basketball. I also wonder if the Gators and Gamecocks have any real interest in having the in-state competition.

Chicken Dinner
07-06-2022, 09:44 AM
I also agree with you, Will. College sports were at their best from a fan perspective when we had true regional rivalry and everyone played everyone once a year in football and home/away every year in basketball.

I always remember one of our elder GH statesman’s mantras that when you follow the money you’ll find the assholes. Between chasing the TV money and NIL, it’s truly pro sports now.

BarryBobPosthole
07-06-2022, 09:56 AM
Superconferences will still have to pod up in order to manage travel costs, which means regional rivalries will still be a thing, just maybe not the ones we’re used to.

BKB