PDA

View Full Version : New undertaking

DeputyDog
07-19-2022, 09:57 PM
My wife and I have decided to host a foreign exchange student for the upcoming school year. We have some acquaintances that have hosted in the past and we had thought about doing it for quite awhile.

We decided that the time was right and are waiting on final confirmation on the student we will be hosting.

My daughter is going to be a senior in high school this year and my son is in middle school so they are excited about the idea and we thought it would be an amazing experience for them as well.

We are waiting on the final word but we are tentatively planning on hosting a student from Germany.

I hope it all goes well and it is a great experience for everyone involved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hombre
07-20-2022, 12:10 PM
Pretty cool. Hope the experience is fantastic

Chicken Dinner
07-20-2022, 01:41 PM
That’s pretty cool and I think you’ll enjoy it. We did a student “exchange” when my oldest was in high school where he spent two weeks in Germany over the summer (school there was in session) and then the German kid spent two weeks here in the fall. Great program and experience. My son actually went back and visited on his own for a couple of weeks the following year and they’ve been friends ever since.

quercus alba
07-20-2022, 03:51 PM
just don't get a six foot good looking blond female or there might be trouble in the camp from multiple directions......................ax Carny about the Au paire experiment

DeputyDog
07-20-2022, 04:25 PM
Well, this one is only going to be about 16 so nothing like that will happen. I thought about the Carny “incident” when I posted this. [emoji16]

She is going to be here for the entire school year, so she will be arriving in the next couple of weeks and will be here until June.

Bwana
07-21-2022, 09:34 AM
As CD said, these types of things can make for lifelong connections...hoping you have a great experience with this.