PDA

View Full Version : I'm just sayin'! ;-)

Thumper
02-27-2013, 11:38 AM
http://www.newsday.com/classifieds/cars/consumer-reports-lexus-top-13-auto-brand-1.4717013

Captain
02-27-2013, 11:55 AM
They heard I bought one so it moved them up a notch of two... :D
Take Care, Captain

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

johnboy
02-27-2013, 01:59 PM
Great cars. Too bad they're so friggen ugly, specially the front end. :disgust:

Buckrub
02-27-2013, 02:15 PM
NICE car!

Does that come in 4WD?

Captain
02-27-2013, 05:06 PM
Yes the one I bought Mrs. Captain is 4 wheel drive

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Buckrub
02-27-2013, 06:44 PM
Off Road Lexus. Way Cool.

Thumper
02-28-2013, 12:30 PM
Sheesh. Youse dufebutts missed the whole point. The Jap cars totally dominate the top 10 and the first couple of American cars squeezed into the top 20 (Cadillac being one of them). When are "we" going to get our shit together? A shit load of American cars are at the BOTTOM of the list! Why the "F" can't WE build anything decent these days? Buy American? Bullshit. I'll buy something that gives me the most value for my money. I really can't afford to do it any other way.

BarryBobPosthole
02-28-2013, 12:37 PM
I think we do build decent cars. Beyond decent if you ask me. I've driven my Chevy truck for 13 years and other than a brake job I did myself, I haven't turned a tap on it. Granted, I only have 113000 miles on it, but the point is, I'm happy as a clam with it. I could care less what Powers and assoc or anyone else says about it.

It does make for interesting arguments though. Especially will all those toyotas blowing apart at Daytona.

BKB

Buckrub
02-28-2013, 12:49 PM
It's only Thump and Consumer Reports that are in love with asian cars. CR always has been.........

I have 183,000 on the Tahoe, and it runs like a top. I've tried Toyotas, Nissans, etc.........and they're fine, nothing wrong with them.....but they are not as reliable as Thump or CR says they are. And American cars are very reliable.

And besides, American cars are more FUNCTIONAL!!! And I really can't afford to pay a 35% PREMIUM to buy a car that is less functional than I need, especially when it is very reliable!!!!!

Wait. WAIT.

Deja Vu. Somehow, some magic feeling........I am starting to get a feeling that we've discussed this before!!! :banghead (It's Thump that won't let it die..........let the record show!!!)

BarryBobPosthole
02-28-2013, 12:52 PM
Value, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder. I own both a Toyota (which my wife loves so I'm happy) and a Chebby. Both are quality vehicles, for what I need them for. That's all that counts for me.

And Thump is every bit the shit disturber that Larke is. Just for the record. Captain is just more stealthy about it.

BKB

Thumper
02-28-2013, 01:07 PM
Ha ha ha! A rehashed subject? I think the "Pope" thread is one of the longest in the history of the new site. Is that any different? ;-)