PDA

View Full Version : Not a way to start the day.

Thumper
08-19-2022, 07:37 AM
I’ve got a good buddy in California. Smart dude. We were talking a few months ago about the big houseboat trip we took on Lake Powell years ago. There were a dozen of us on that boat for 10 days and we had an absolute blast. It’s hard to find 12 people who get along well enough to have fun in tight quarters like that without someone turning into a jerk along the way, but it was 100% crazy fun, 100% of the time. We all camped and met up on Lake Meade (Vegas) and within 3-4 days, the whole gang had rolled in. Once we got everyone together, we caravanned to Utah, where we’d rented the big-assed houseboat. We also had three ski boats with us and towed them behind the houseboat. I can’t think of any trip I’ve taken that was so much fun. We’ve stayed in touch and hooked up a few times over the years and always touched on how much fun we had on that trip.

Anyway, I received a message while we were in L. A. that he had been diagnosed with cancer and they were only giving him a few weeks to live. I received the dreaded call early this morning that he passed away last night. Damn! Friends and relatives seem to be dropping like flies these days. I guess that’s one of the negatives of getting old, your friends are gettting old with you.

RIP Ken, I’ll miss our phone conversations, but the fond memories will always be with me. Take care buddy. :(

Chicken Dinner
08-19-2022, 08:40 AM
Sorry to hear about your friend, Jim. That’s a great memory of him though. Remember the good times!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BarryBobPosthole
08-19-2022, 09:46 AM
Sorry to hear this news, Jim.

BKB

DeputyDog
08-20-2022, 12:31 PM
Sorry to hear that Jim. We used to houseboat on Lake Cumberland in Kentucky. I know exactly what you mean about the fun and also about the necessity of having the right people on the trip. One person can really spoil it for everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bwana
08-24-2022, 02:33 PM
Sorry for you bud.