PDA

View Full Version : Random CFB Preseason thoughts

quercus alba
08-19-2022, 05:37 PM
Jeff Scott former Clempson OC now head coach at USF has hired another former Clempson OC Chad Morris as offensive analysis. Morris succeeded in killing the Arkansas football program closely followed by killing the Auburn football program and followed that ineptitude up by killing the Allen tx high school program.

Jeff Jeff, what can I say?

BarryBobPosthole
08-19-2022, 06:13 PM
Your piggiesare going to be one of the funner teams to watch in the SEC this year. Looking forward to seeing how their season plays out. I think they’ll threaten to win the conference.

BKB

quercus alba
08-21-2022, 09:58 AM
Texas A&m and Notre Dame are getting way too much love with both being in the top ten. I doubt very seriously that both end up there. Regardless of the talent, Jimbo is an 8-4 coach most years.

I'm not going to do a preseason outlook but I will comment here and make weekly picks.

Chicken Dinner
08-21-2022, 11:14 AM
I’ll be ready interested in how things play out dirt he Wolfpack this season. They were the biggest chicken shit move by UCLA I’ve ever seen from winning 10 games last year and are loaded coming back. Gotta admit the preseason hype makes me nervous though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

quercus alba
08-21-2022, 02:32 PM
I’ll be ready interested in how things play out dirt he Wolfpack this season. They were the biggest chicken shit move by UCLA I’ve ever seen from winning 10 games last year and are loaded coming back. Gotta admit the preseason hype makes me nervous though.

wow, that is a random thought

Chicken Dinner
08-21-2022, 04:01 PM
I really should proof read my posts. But, why change now?

DeputyDog
08-21-2022, 09:04 PM
I’m hoping that Purdue has a good season. They have a shot because they have the weakest strength of schedule in the west division of the B1G.

DeputyDog
08-21-2022, 09:05 PM
I’m hoping that Purdue has a good season. They have a shot because they have the weakest strength of schedule in the west division of the B1G.

Penguin
08-22-2022, 09:50 AM
Hope springs eternal huh guys?

Well I am not sure what either of my teams will be like this year. I'd like to see the Mounties have a winning season. I'd like to see how Wisconsin replaces people on the defensive side... they had a unique kind of recruiting bump where they had to take maybe a tad less than half a class and I'm curious to see how that affects some of those positions where guys only stick around a couple years.

But alas, overall I fear my favorite sport is becoming more like the NFL each season. And that's a bad thing. Not sure if I will remain such a passionate fan for many more years.

Will

Chicken Dinner
08-22-2022, 11:12 AM
I hear ya on the changes Will. I am not a fan. I’d almost like to see a bunch of the schools say the hell with it and go back to regional conferences with natural rivalries where you play everybody once a year in football and home/away in basketball. Hell, I’d still root on my favorite teams just as much.

BarryBobPosthole
08-22-2022, 12:47 PM
The transfer portal rules are my biggest concern with CFB right now. Or I should say the total lack of any. Combine that with NIL and college football has quickly turned back to the 60’s when coaches had desks full of cash to offer recruits.

By the way, you’d best keep an eye out for the Sooners this season. They lost a lot through graduation and transfers but they’ve gained a ton in the coaching department, and I don’t mean head coach. They ought to be better on all fronts this year. It’ll just be how hgh the talent ceiling really is.

One thing for sure, we won’t see them unprepared like we have in the recent past.

BKB

quercus alba
08-22-2022, 01:27 PM
I"m up in the air on the Sooners right now, I agree they got an upgrade overall as far as the coaching staff but I'm not sure if Lebby's offensive philosophy matches the personal the Sooners have have in stock, plus having three co defensive coordinators is unusual to say the least. Not familiar with any of the QB's but with a name like "General Booty", that' sounds like a starter to me