PDA

View Full Version : RIP Len Dawson

BarryBobPosthole
08-24-2022, 08:50 AM
One of the football icons of my childhood. Played 19 seasons, which is almost unheard of these days. I’ve never been much of a Kansas City fan but he certainly put them on the map. Well actually Dawson and Hank Stram did.

Anyways, I imagine a lot of glasses will be raised in KC tonight and in a lot of other places too, mine in luded!

RIP.

BKB

DeputyDog
08-24-2022, 10:31 AM
Definitely a legend from that time in the AFL/NFL.

Part of the reason Purdue is called “The cradle of quarterbacks”.

Interestingly, Hank Stram was an assistant coach at Purdue when Dawson played there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BarryBobPosthole
08-24-2022, 10:47 AM
Dawson was a backup when Stram brought him to KC. The rest is history.

I used to listen to Stram And Buck on MNF with the sound down on the tv, back in the day when the tv announcers were so bad it was hard to watch.

Loved Stram’s color commentary. He was the best.

BKB

BarryBobPosthole
08-24-2022, 10:49 AM
Old school.
BKB

quercus alba
08-24-2022, 01:07 PM
He was probably the first to throw the "Jump ball" to a reciever. He had a 6'10" tight end named Morris Stroud that was deadly down on the goal line.

HideHunter
08-24-2022, 07:30 PM
Interviewed him in KC.. and Eddie Podalak.. and Buck Buchanan.. (met him in an elevator.. biggest man I've ever been close to) ;) .. and Ted Williams.. Top 3 best interviews I ever did .. Everyone there was asking about .400 hitter shit.. I asked him about his current world record marlin.. His "people" finally separated us.. He was just inducted into the IGFA Hall Of Fame.. Wish I could ask him about that.. ;)

BarryBobPosthole
08-24-2022, 10:02 PM
Now that’s cool. ^^^^

BKB

Chicken Dinner
08-25-2022, 03:50 PM
That’s cool AF Hidey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk